Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the Mods i should purchase with a buget of 1 grand...I want some hp/tq increase dont matter what brand as long as it works! [paranoid] [confused]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
well if you ONLY want to spend 1,000, i'd say a tune ~$350(i think that's how much wayne's cost- hypnotic) - $515 for tom(predator), intake ~150-300, throttle body, RT cat, STS w/ VF rear engine mount. i think that's a little over a thousand already, depending on which intake and tuner you go with. those mods i listed are probably the best boltons you can get for this car. i don't know if you know anything about the SCT and Predator tuners, but that's one thing you HAVE to get. it'll fix or at least lessen all the 'quirks' that the stock SVT has plus it adds about 15hp and 10tq. have fun, once you start modding and spend the first thousand, i'm sure you're gonna want to spend a few more thousand lol

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
^^^^^^^^

with the money left over, you could get a Short Throw Shifter and a VF Enginering Rear Motor Mount and still have some money for Gas [:D]

·
Registered
762 Posts
Based on their respective costs...

The K&N filter should only give you a 4% grin.

The RT cat should provide around a 46% grin.

And Wayne's tune has to give a 49% grin.

In reality...

The K&N might give a 15 - 20% grin (Good amount of grin for the money).
Wayne's tune will give a 100% grin all by itself (A great deal for the money).
An RT cat might only give 25 - 35% grin (Not the best bang for buck mod, but still considered pretty good).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the imputs but what does it really do with a tune from wayne or tom and whats the difference between this 2 tuners? [confused] [scratch]

·
Registered
762 Posts
5vtRa3r said:
thanks guys for the imputs but what does it really do with a tune from wayne or tom and whats the difference between this 2 tuners? [confused] [scratch]
Seriously, a tune from either Tom or Wayne is probably the best bang for buck mod out there for an SVT Focus. The SVT factory tune has a few glitches. A tune from either of these guys will increase drivablity, mileage, and performance. Check the first thread in this forum and read the reviews for yourself. Here's a link...

http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36117

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
y does it cost more than waynes tune [scratch] does it increase more in hp than waynes or just the quality? [confused]

·
Registered
762 Posts
To the best of my knowledge and from what several folks on this board have said, the tunes are just about equal in terms of refinement and power increase.

I believe the cost difference between the two comes down to the hand-held programmers each company sells you along with the tune.

Tom @ Focus Power uses the Diablo Sport Predator.

Wayne @ Hypnotic uses the SCT Xcal-2

Both are good hand-held programmers with data logging functions.

My 2 cents...go with Wayne for a naturally aspirated tune and if you're considering a turbo, go with Tom's turbo kit and tune.

For your situation, I would recommend Wayne. He also offers free updates for six months and his customer service is top notch.[thumb]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
yeah i think you're right, i believe the price difference is just because the SCT is cheaper and the predator is more expensive from diablo. there are a few good threads on this subject. i remember when they first came available and everyone was just learning about them and there were quite a few threads from back in early 2005 maybe 2004 on them. it was like the hottest subject back then and the "thing" everyone was getting lol. do a search in the SVT performance section. at the bottom of that page just search for SCT vs Predator if you want to learn more about them and their differences

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the cloud is starting to clear up......since i am not goin to turbocharge in a long time i might just go with sct from wayne and its cheaper...so it should give you the same results from both of them or different? any problems in the long run with both tunes from wayne and toms...[paranoid] [confused]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so iam prob goin with the sct for the price and i hope that i get some nodicable results....when i get this it comes as a kit right like just ready to plug in and follow the directions or i have to get a custom tune if theres any for it or just plug it in? is the custom tune means have to be dyno or just could be sent by mail and upload to the thing and plug in the car ? [paranoid] [confused]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
dude 3 posts? and you love using those 2 smilies don't you? lol

anyway you WILL get noticeable results. it comes with everything you need. listen man you're not getting it. you can get the SCT or the diablo predator directly from SCT or Diablo for cheaper. it will only have a generic type tune. it will be better than our stock tune but this is where wayne and tom come in. if you buy the SCT from wayne, you get the SCT from him WITH his custom tune according to your mods. make sure you tell him what mods you have if you have any so he can give you a tune accordingly. wayne and tom both have done lots of time on the dyno and they know what tune what be best for your car without putting it on a dyno. you could get it dyno tuned but i don't think that'd be worth all that unless you already have tons of mods or FI. comprende?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my bad about the 3 post lol i just that it didnt wanted to load so i keep presing submit reply lol...anyways ok i get you now....[hah] [paranoid] [confused]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
5vtRa3r, do you need to know how to contact wayne or tom, whichever one you go with, or do you already know how you can reach them?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts