Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think it seems everyone is selling the SCT tune as their tune... food for thought. I bought the SCT and put their tune on my car, I am impressed.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
SCT provides the tuner and tools to their network of tuners so they can tune the car... Yes, the ST has had a tuning option for awhile.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
My guess is that integrated manifold is the unknown. And people don't like unknowns. There were also rumors floating around that it was a KO3 turbo.
But info now points to a single scroll 6258.

Glad to hear your vote of confidence.
You could always carve off the integrated exhaust manifold off the head & make a bigger & better turbo manifold & possibley work on the head also. Similar what you can do on a ISB cummins intake manifold. For sure single scroll turbo.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
im not just adding numbers up, sct has shown 30-40hp giaing from their tuning, steeda has shown 10hp gain from their intake. an axhaust should get about 15hp. all those are gained from the stock numbers. its called estimating. go ahead and do an intake exhaust and tune then get it on a dyno and try to tell me you didnt atleast gain 50-60hp from those mods.

if sct has gained 30-40 and steeda 10 from their intake then you shoulde be able to expect atleast 40 from the steeda intake and a tune.
All these parts have to be intergrated= work together. A reflash on a stock st will get you xx more power, then add other parts & then you need to have another reflash for the new parts that you just added. And who say's they are going to work together? Get me a ST, all the parts you want to throw on it & pay for some dyno time & I'd be glad to install them. Sounds like fun. On a carburetored 5.0 say, Try throwing parts at that= different heads, require different size headers= primary tube lenghts & primary tube diameters, & then you have different cams to add to the mix & then intake manifold's & carbs. Then you get to recurve the dist.=how fast & how far the curve. Sounds like fun, huh.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't think fairness really enters into the picture. They have a business to run, it will cost XX dollars to crack the NA Focus and develop a tune for it, then they have to hope they can recoup the costs from tuners who are willing to pay for it... maybe they did the market research and decided it would be unprofitable. Who knows. I can assure you, if there was enough money to be made and a high enough demand, someone would develop a tune for the NA.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
kind of seems un fair to tune the ST and not the NA ones
Despite the exponentially higher volume and larger potential customer base they assume that its the other way around and that the rarer car will actually sell a higher number of tunes, which seems counter intuitive to enthusiasts. But apparently not enough demand was shown, crossed with them not wanting to touch the NA to create a car capable of keeping up with the stock ST.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would venture to say that it is because 99% of the people that buy the NA Focus are looking for great gas mileage in a good commuter car..They are NOT looking to make them performance cars so the market is not there for them...

·
Registered
52 Posts
First mod for all owners should be the invisible car bra placed on the front half of their car so you will not have rock chips! Plus a good detail to start protecting the paint.
True story, I have had my ST for two weeks and the invisible bra, swizol shield wax and winter tires are the only things I'm doing before winter hits. And I don't really have the money for either but I need to be protecting this car before the first winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will be getting my motor mounts replaced then a ford racing intake and steeda SCT tune and later on a ford racing exhaust system. I can't wait.

81 - 100 of 204 Posts