Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any success modifying their order after it has been sent to Ford?

I ordered a 2012 SEL with 302a and decided I wanted 303a instead. My sales rep is going to try to modify it, but I don't want to get my hopes up if he can't. The order was transmitted to Ford last Tuesday morning (about a week ago).

Thanks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
All I've ever heard is once it's in, there is no modifying it. Maybe you can still cancel that order and submit a new one?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried about 3 weeks into it and they could not. They offered to order a new one but I would be at the end of the line again, which by that time had grown to 9 weeks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I should find out tomorrow if they can modify it or not. I don't have a VIN yet, so I'm hopeful.

Otherwise I'll probably just see I'd they can re-order it. I'm sure they won't have a problem reselling the one that's on order already and losing a week to get the car I want it worth it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Prepare to go to the back of the line. I had to do it on account of color, restarted my wait for a VIN.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard back from the dealer today. They are submitting a change request that will go in tomorrow. He told me that if the update doesn't go through for any reason, they'll just order me another car. Worst case I wait another week and a half or so. No big deal for a car I'll have to keep for 10 years. He said he would take all the Focus' he could get.

SEL w/ 303a on the way at some point! Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts