Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Branded, not covered under warranty. Would you do it? Not that I’m not satisfied with its power (it’s my second RS), but I’m curieous about the feeling it would give. Had an ST couple of years ago, went with an SCT tune and was really happy with it, at least during summer time...

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Stock Plus maybe?

I like to suggest fixing/improving what bugs you, or what limits the performance you want.
Identify an item that's a PITA, or could be useful, for one line on Mods.
Identify what the limiting factor in Performance is, for the type of driving desired, for another.

Then make changes to fix or improve those items.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess a stock Coob map would be relatively safe and fun. I heard about someone blowing his RS engine under Cobb, but the guy was racing. Not sure how safe it is on a +/- 40,000 miles car.

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
for sure, get a stage 1 tune from like Mountune or Cobb. They will give you more power through just about every RPM over stock.

Here is Mountune's advertising:

Should be able to feel that difference everywhere but that 3k-5k boost is where you will notice the biggest

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I guess a stock Coob map would be relatively safe and fun. I heard about someone blowing his RS engine under Cobb, but the guy was racing. Not sure how safe it is on a +/- 40,000 miles car.
Have you thought of going w/ Mountune?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, intercooler and tune would be the best. But I'm wondering if the intercooler itself (only the intercooler) would make a difference on the output.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is stiff for sure. I usually put it on sport mode which doesn?t help, but I get the backfire sounds! The track mode feels like no suspension at all. But the normal mode gives an acceptable ride.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
It is stiff for sure. I usually put it on sport mode which doesn?t help, but I get the backfire sounds! The track mode feels like no suspension at all. But the normal mode gives an acceptable ride.
Ok, w/ that great. A few ppl bitch/complain about the ride. It does ride ok on smooth freeways but is kinda rough on cruddy surfaces.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts