Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone thinking of adding any modifications to their car? performance or visual. I was wondering if they are going to sell a body to make the focus hatch look like the st.

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
I really hope so, I have a couple things ordered (strut tower braces, 18in wheels & Eibach springs) but I am really waiting on a body kit and that center mounted exhaust, and the grille inserts. I have had my car a week and can't wait to get some things on it to make it my own. Let me know if you find anything....

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Damn... I have tried fixing this post like 3 times, anyway I have a friend that works for a company that has these in "development" and will hit the market soon. I'm not trying to be vague but he docent want me ton use the company name cause he could lose his job for getting/selling these to me, I should have them in about 2 weeks so I'll throw some pics up when I get them installed.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
That is what i am wanting. the main thing i think the 2012 needs is stiffening.
The handling is great. just the car does not feel stiff enough
I plan on a strut tower brace as one of first things. even though i do not plan on going fast. going around CORNERS fast is a different story.
So strut tower, bigger antisway bars..
Possibly shocks later when i do tires. Springs are not a problem IMO, as is, with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tried to keep it cheap so far...

black front and rear license plate frames, tinted 3rd brake lamp and bumper reflectors, removed SE badge, 35% tint on the rear windows, ventvisors, and blue bulbs in the low and high beams...

dying for wheels in spring

·
Registered
444 Posts
so far my mods are the following:

calipers epoxied with G2 kit
blacked out chrome on front grill
Tinted windows

Soon to be done:
painted Fog bezels
powder coat the 17" rims to a flat black

·
Registered
444 Posts
i guess the other thing i can add was i just ordered the molded splash guards for my hatch, those should be here who knows when. stupid USA to Canada shipping

·
Registered
209 Posts
I installed a Stainless exhaust tip, got the windows tinted this morning(20% back, 35% fronts)

Planning on ordering some spring/summer wheels and tires very soon. Something black with machined accents.

Might put a new high performance exhaust on it, might change out the chrome headlamps for the black titanium ones.

·
Registered
444 Posts
[/IMG]

Just painted them this weekend.

now to get 400+ bucks to change over to the black titanium headlight lenses

·
Registered
276 Posts
Eddie looks good I did mine as well. Will post a pic when i take a closer one.

·
Registered
211 Posts

I washed the chrome in the kitchen sink, took them back outside, primed them, hit them with 3 coats of black, then 2 coats of clear, and used the lens tint that I have from the rear bumper reflectors and third brake light.

All I need are some black housing headlights ( waiting on what will come from the aftermarket ) some new wheels, and steeda side stripes as soon as they start producing them

·
Registered
226 Posts
So what makes you think anyone in this crowd modifies their cars? [histerical]

I've got after market bulbs for my head & fog lights.

I'll very likely black out the chrome trim bar on either side of the front Ford emblem, and the fog light housings as well.

After kicking it around in the forum, looking at what others have done, or commented on about dual exhausts, cat back systems and such. I keep going back to Sleighmans Borla universal muffler dual exhaust tip mod as being the best looking one I've seen here so far. Pretty darn affordable, and not too time consuming either. Eventually, a cat back system would be cool.

I almost soiled myself when I saw the aero kit on the Capaldi Racing SEMA Focus Sedan............if they leave it setting around unattended for an afternoon or so...............it'll be mine! I sure as heck hope they plan on offering a kit for sale eventually!

I've got an SE Sport, and for whatever reason I could not order the 6 speaker upgraded stereo with the sport package??? So............I'll probably spring for a low profile (like under the passenger front seat) powered subwoofer and tie it into the stock system for now.

Next year, I'd like to use my painted/machined 17" rims as my winter/snow tire rims, and get a set of 18 x 7.5 to 18 x 8 in rims with 225/40R18s or 235/40R18s to change my car's look and stance. [driving]

Oh yea..................and a buncha other stuff too. [:)~]

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts

I washed the chrome in the kitchen sink, took them back outside, primed them, hit them with 3 coats of black, then 2 coats of clear, and used the lens tint that I have from the rear bumper reflectors and third brake light.

All I need are some black housing headlights ( waiting on what will come from the aftermarket ) some new wheels, and steeda side stripes as soon as they start producing them
You tinted the fog lenses? Kind of counter productive isn't it?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nothing yet besides a K/N filter, but I want to switch over to a sri new wheels, tint, exhaust, and some suspension stuff.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts