Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to try and keep my car stock looking under the hood So I wa wondering if there are any airbox mods that I can do to get it breathing better besides a drop in K&N? Or should i just get the CAI?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm not sure how the 2008's are set up under the hood but I know with my 2005, I made my stock intake into a CAI and it still looks stock when you pop the hood...the only way you would b e able to tell that i did something to it is if you look under the car.

I just clamped on a cone filter on the bottom of the air intake resonator...i haven't had any problem siwht it. It is noticibly better than just the stock intake and it sounds awesome

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
could could remove the filter from the airbox and take out the vacuum box, then put a cone filter on the bottom of the straight intake tube. I believe that is the stealth air intake, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
put a K&N drop in filter in your car... it gets like 3 to 4hp, wheres the SRI gets like 5 to 6... so your not missing much.

·
Registered
596 Posts
honhon you're full of good info.[headbang] I'd add to your rating, but I don't know how...not that you need it ... too bad my limited ability as a mechanic keeps me from actually using the stuff... oh to have all the tools necessary and some training... [bigcry]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
below his avatar, click on the blue number 220 next to FF Reputation and follow the directions, its easy! [thumb]

Reactions: honhon

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
drill holes in the bottom of the box or cut it out completely and put a drop in k&n filter in it

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you have an '08, install a K & N drop in and take the air box resonator off.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I would like to try and keep my car stock looking under the hood So I wa wondering if there are any airbox mods that I can do to get it breathing better besides a drop in K&N? Or should i just get the CAI?

One thing you can do is to remove the sound deadening tube on the side of the air box - lets more air in and gives it a bit of a howl when you step on the pedal a little harder. I am not sure if this adds any to the performance, but it sounds cool.
I did this accidentally when I removed the air box to give room to install the big 3 grounding kit. I pulled the tube off the side and "forgot" to reinstall it.
I am also waiting for a CAI for the 08s.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am not 100% sure of the actual hp increase in the focus... but I know that on my 93 5.0 stang, removing the air silencer... results in 6 free hp - dyno proven.
-the 1st mod I ever did on it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts