Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get tinted windows then get a drop, get disc brakes all way around the car, get new rims and tires then a bodykit and led lights, new intake and short ram, short shifter, nice sound system, custom interior w/racing seats, neon, repaint the car, custom exsaust.

some people on here said this is a bad way to go so im looking to see where i should start from. any ideas? i was thinking about getting a drop, bodykit, amd paint before december if i could. should i do it? is it a good idea?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would do performance stuff before the glamor. Please dont waste time/ money on body kit until you can back it up lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would do performance stuff before the glamor. Please dont waste time/ money on body kit until you can back it up lol
hahahaha alright what should i start with? i though about starting with the intake. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Thats a start. Could always make it handle better with suspension, really livens the car up. Everything's pretty much maxed out on my svt so maybe someone with more experience can chime in

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a start. Could always make it handle better with suspension, really livens the car up. Everything's pretty much maxed out on my svt so maybe someone with more experience can chime in
ive though about the suspension for a while and i think ill do that but i was thinking about doing more things under the hood first after i do the intake.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Have you started by taking care of all the possible maintenance issues first?
Seeing as you have a 2000, I would make that the priority.

What are your goals for the car? Is it your daily driver?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you started by taking care of all the possible maintenance issues first?
Seeing as you have a 2000, I would make that the priority.

What are your goals for the car? Is it your daily driver?
yes everything is good i just need to change the timing belt and motor mound and im doing that on tuesday so everything is good

·
Registered
271 Posts
well if you want to start with a performance mod on the engine you may want to consider a CAI first. then maybe an exhaust, and then later on a header and a intake manifold. that is if you're planning on staying N/A and the car is going to be a DD. and seeing that you're from MI i doubt the emission laws are as bad as they are in Cali. but bear in mind that the header may cause you to fail any emission testing. then you might want to look into upgrading your suspension. then once you've done that move on to the aesthetics.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well if you want to start with a performance mod on the engine you may want to consider a CAI first. then maybe an exhaust, and then later on a header and a intake manifold. that is if you're planning on staying N/A and the car is going to be a DD. and seeing that you're from MI i doubt the emission laws are as bad as they are in Cali. but bear in mind that the header may cause you to fail any emission testing. then you might want to look into upgrading your suspension. then once you've done that move on to the aesthetics.
would it be better if i do the exsaust , header and manifold all together? and then do the suspension and brakes?

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
I would start with an intake. Then move on to suspension.

I don't think I would bother with a body kit, most just look tacky.

If you want different bumpers/body panels I would look into SVT or euro ones.

But of course it is your car, and some body kits can be done cleanly.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Please leave the neons off.

Focus on getting the power together. Figure out if you want a FI or NA car. Make it fast, then make it stop and handle. Then consider doing the interior and exterior.

No point in having racing seats in an untouched Focus.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Few reccomendations

1. Cold Air Intake
2. Header+ cat back (ORP if your state allows it)
3. suspension
4. wheels
5. dont worry about brakes unless you use them. (if you go to the track alot)
6. tune (turbo tom, or fswerks)
7. (optional) if you want a body kit, make sure you chose something that isnt overkill. If you plan on having this car for a while, consider what you will look like showing up to a job interview. Try to keep it clean and simple. Thats why most people go with the SVT or Euro Parts.

That covers performance and exterior.

Interior is just the same as exterior, take your time and think about what you want to do before you do it, try to find other members who have done similar mods, and gauge how much you like it. Also, remember that you have to live with your choices. Think of a few years in the future when you take a girl out on a date, are you going to be proud of your car? or are you going to regret painting your entire interior neon green? You will find that the nicest cars, both interior and exterior are the ones with the most subtle modifications.

Seats - Honestly, unless you find fairly subtle racing seats, just snag a set of SVT seats, or the Recaro SVT seats, they look great, and sometimes you can find the matching interior panels.

Sound - This is your choice, all i can say is to not go overkill, a 200lb box in the trunk isnt going to help your performance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
would it be better if i do the exsaust , header and manifold all together? and then do the suspension and brakes?
That's completely up to you and your budget, but as many others have said. I would start with a cold air intake. And then the exhaust and then the header and then an intake manifold. Now if you can do all those at the same time then I would say go for it. But many like myself have to do it part by part due to other financial responsibilities. But first mod cold air intake they're easy to install and not that expensive. Oh and as some one else mentioned after you get all that on your car then I would talk to Tom for a tune to make sure your car is using all the bolt ons to their full potential. Then move onto the suspension. Also look around in the member gallery to get some ideas and see what others have done. Also look in the tech threads for the ztec they have a lot of how Tos and stickys for bolt ons.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
whoops, went back and read the post....my bad

just said "where the pics at....

lol j/k"

ill read the whole thing next time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts