Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2006 ZX3 and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to reduce the noise from the trunk cover? It seems to be pretty flimsy and makes alot of noise while the car is driving. I don't want to remove it completely so I'm looking for ways to quiet it down a bit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Get some foam tape like they use to seal/protect the bed of pickup trucks when they put a cap on them.
Also I used to have a peice of copper pipe insulation on mine. Costs about 2 bucks at home depot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get some foam tape like they use to seal/protect the bed of pickup trucks when they put a cap on them.
Also I used to have a peice of copper pipe insulation on mine. Costs about 2 bucks at home depot.
Where did you place the tape and insulation? If you're talking about putting the tape underneath the carpet inside the trunk, I'm not sure that would take care of the problem. The noise is from the trunk cover itself vibrating. Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I think he's talking about putting it along the edges so when it does vibrate the tape rubbing against the trunk doesn't make a sound

·
Registered
433 Posts
Get a sub woofer... The box is heavy and holds the mat down... And if it does vibrate, you no longer hear it ;)

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Are you talking about the truck carpet cover or the hatch cover that conceals the contents of your "trunk"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he's talking about putting it along the edges so when it does vibrate the tape rubbing against the trunk doesn't make a sound
Ahh that makes sense. Just got done with exams so my brain is fried. I'll go to home depot and see what I can find.

Get a sub woofer... The box is heavy and holds the mat down... And if it does vibrate, you no longer hear it ;)
I'm not really into subs that much. I will be putting my Pioneer HU in the car soon and might look into replacing the rear 6x8s. Guess it depends on how long it takes to blow out the factory speakers.

Are you talking about the truck carpet cover or the hatch cover that conceals the contents of your "trunk"?
I think the noise is coming mainly from the hatch cover. Its pretty flimsy and shakes when the car is driving over bumps or rough road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts