Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 SES two-door coupe with the 5-speed manual transmission a few months ago, and after having put 10,000 miles into it, I am extremely satisfied with the purchase. Recently I've been considering different mods I could do, and I have a few questions.

-Is it possible to replace the 5-speed manual transmission with a newer 6-speed? I miss that higher gear at high speeds, i.e. the interstate.

-On that same line of thought, is it possible to install a short-shifter?

-Could my engine handle a turbo? I would love a turbo for a little extra zip.

-How hard is it to install aftermarket headlights myself? I think this thing would look badass with some halo lights.

-How do I make this an RS without actually buying an RS? [hihi]

·
Registered
292 Posts
1. glad you are enjoying this car.
2. you can install a short shift kit. i believe fswerks or cfm has one.
3. yes people turbo these cars, it will need a tune and probably will want to put some better internals on it to handle boost pressure safely
4. its not hard to install aftermarket headlights. look on amazon for some halo projectors
5. buy an rs wing MSRP 499.99

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
no

yes

yes - expensive, even without going so far as to need major work to engine/clutch/trans.. Roughly $3,500 for a basic setup.

Fairly easy, often low quality & a PITA over time.

Go with wheels/tires/suspension for the feel without the look.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I bought a 2010 SES two-door coupe with the 5-speed manual transmission a few months ago, and after having put 10,000 miles into it, I am extremely satisfied with the purchase. Recently I've been considering different mods I could do, and I have a few questions.

-Is it possible to replace the 5-speed manual transmission with a newer 6-speed? I miss that higher gear at high speeds, i.e. the interstate.

-On that same line of thought, is it possible to install a short-shifter?

-Could my engine handle a turbo? I would love a turbo for a little extra zip.

-How hard is it to install aftermarket headlights myself? I think this thing would look badass with some halo lights.

-How do I make this an RS without actually buying an RS? [hihi]
No to the trans

Yes to the short throw. Steeda makes the best one for the Mk2

Yes it can handle a turbo. FSWerks makes the best bolt-on kit. I run it and love it.

Halo lights are plug and play, purchase on ebay

And RS? You don't... Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts