Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't.

The model was getting finished up last time I walked to Walter.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
2point3 said:
I was just wondering if the mms intake manifold would work good on a turbo car.
If it works well on a particular normally aspirated engine, then it will work well on that same engine when turbocharged.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I can't wait to get one.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I did not know they were producing one, anyone have a link?

Whats the price and is it just for the 2.3 or is there a 2.o available?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It will be compatible with all focus duratec incarnations.

Check the duratec forum over on focaljet for details.

·
Registered
47 Posts
do they have an ETA

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Not yet.

THe more people that show interest the sooner it will be.

He's been in contact with everyone he needs to be in order to get it made. Last I talked with him about it he was finsihing the model of the flange. I'll probably go over the solidworks model and make sure the model is nice and clean it up a little if it needs it.

At this point it will be a direct replacement manifold and will thus not even need a CARB sticker. This will hold true as long as the flange for the tumble flaps doesn't create any major problems.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Performance is important but one thing that turned me on to the cosworth is what it looked like.

So what I am getting to is does it look better than the stocker?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
That's somethign you'll have to decide.

Looks aren't a priority, functionality is.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
aero_student said:
That's somethign you'll have to decide.

Looks aren't a priority, functionality is.
I agree but if I am paying for something I would LOVE to have a shiny new intake, its not important but I would also like one that looks stock so I can pop my hood look stock and woop some ass and have them scratching thier heads. So realy either way is fine i just want to know if it will be cheaper cosworth.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
99% sure it will be less than Cosworth's

·
Registered
247 Posts
There is a thread on this over on the Jet, and the thinking is cheaper and more torque, both good things.

It would have to be cheaper by a third at least, in my opine, for it to sell in any numbers. $350.00 and they would sell like hotcakes. I feel like this is the next "it" part for the Focus and if Marcy can pull it off, he will have the only real world performance manifold for the Focus and at a reasonable cost to boot. I think this is going to be the part that takes MM to the next level. Hell, demand is so high for this, I've even considered investing in the development of a manifold with the help of Indy Cylinder Head.

I hope Marcy pulls it off...

·
Registered
56 Posts
any more news on this? There is going to be a line a mile long for these things if he ever makes them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts