Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man i forgot how much better my cars in the cooler weather. After having nearly a month straight of 90+ and 70+ humidity all the time, these cooler temperatures are awesome!! Just went for a drive tonight to vent some frustration and its about 60 with minimal humity and i rolled out first till about 4K and just stomped it and holy hell did it take off like a bat out of hell!! I cant wait for fall. Im already planning a day drivivng trip the Hocking Hills to enjoy the drive and the foilage. I cant wait.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
I live near the north pole,talk about cold.[:D]

Yeah,i wonder how much it makes as a difference.
The thing was furious tonigth,about 12 degrees celcius.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
focusedintentions said:
Yeah the cooler weathre is awesome...although himidity helps make more power....i believe...
Yes, somewhat true on the humidity....higher humidity allows you to advance timing more...one thing that's good about MS, fairly humid most of the time so you can run a slightly more aggressive tune without detonation problems

·
Registered
40 Posts
The discussion seems to lead to this question which has been on my mind for some time...

To those of you with custom tunes, do you have seperate tunes for winter & summer?

Cheers,

CLBinMD

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
CLBinMD said:
The discussion seems to lead to this question which has been on my mind for some time...

To those of you with custom tunes, do you have seperate tunes for winter & summer?

Cheers,

CLBinMD
I don't but that is a thought.....being that it gets 100+ here in the summer and in the 30's in the winter some pretty good gains could be seen.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya know, thats a really good idea.

CLBinMD said:

Cheers,

CLBinMD

·
Registered
83 Posts
nickouellettesvt said:
Yea...i still have 3 months before I feel any type "cool" weather...its still 90+ here is florida
Gotta believe that. I went on a 10 mile bike ride through the orange groves by me and I was nothing but sweat when I got back.

I'll still take it over the snow though. [;)]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I donno, the few times ive been down there the heat killed me. I think heat and humidity get to me more than other though. Winter is fun up here actually but sometimes can be a pain.

shftat6 said:
Gotta believe that. I went on a 10 mile bike ride through the orange groves by me and I was nothing but sweat when I got back.

I'll still take it over the snow though. [;)]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
^^ever to donuts in the snow??? that is fun [thumb]

I HATE the extremem heat.........

it needs to cool down around here....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A better question is...who hasnt done donuts in the snow?? excluding those who live where there is no snow.

HaveBlue83 said:
^^ever to donuts in the snow??? that is fun [thumb]

I HATE the extremem heat.........

it needs to cool down around here....

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
heh! it's fun in a fwd car. put it in reverse, pull the ebrake, cut the wheel and smash on the gas pedal like no tomorrow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts