Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share. [:D] Any tips on installation? Their web site seems to be pretty thorough, and I'm sure it comes with instructions. I think the next mod might have to be an XCal 2.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yea this is fairly easy, biggest PITA is the stock intake. Unless of course you have that phantom hose like I had. Easy fix tho, just drilled into the intake, got a rubber grommet and adapter and it's all set.

·
2,272 Posts
The isntructions are actually pretty clear once you see all the parts the intake comes with. With the instructions on the site the install was a breeze for me. I can deffinitely say it is a lot easier than doing a header. My car is still not running since I decided to install a header [?|]

·
Registered
815 Posts
Tell me how it goes, I ordered mine about 3 days ago. How long did it take for your intake to come in?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cajun Boy876 said:
Tell me how it goes, I ordered mine about 3 days ago. How long did it take for your intake to come in?
I placed my order with New Edge Performance on Saturday. It was shipped on Monday, and will get here on Friday. Then, it will find its way into my car on Saturday. [:D]

·
Registered
815 Posts
Lol, we ordered on the same day lol :), But im installing mine as soon as it gets in lol.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
If you know how to operate a socket wrench, you can install a CAI. Just take your time, and follow the directions. Its not hard at all.

·
2,272 Posts
You circled the vibration mount but the grommet is the piece around the hole on the smaller elbow. Which one are you missing? The two upper bolts are reused from stock and the vibration mount (lower circle in your pic) should have come with two bolts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, my bad terminology. I went back and checked, and I'm missing the grommet (didn't notice this the first time), vibration mount, and there are no bolts in my kit.

·
2,272 Posts
Did you buy this new from Marcy Motorsport? I don't know how they could forget those things. Send him an email, pm on focaljet, and try calling him. He should send you those parts if it didn't come with them. You could also buy the at an auto parts store but you shouldn't have to do that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't buy it directly from Marcy, but from another well-known dealer on the board. I won't mention them, because this is just a simple fix. I was just confused about which parts should come with the kit, and which ones are reused from the stock system.

I'll give them a call and get it straightened out.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I had the same exact problem! Everything you were missing i was missing. I installed mine yesterday! The vibration mount comes from the little hanger that holds your air meter, u take that off. I used bolts from my dad's tool box. And for the gromit! I used ducktape which worked fine! Then i went to auto zone and bought the grommit which fited perfect. Its a 2 dollar piece. It has the car manufactors so make sure u get the ford one. Hey, i have a free weekends if you want me to give you a call just PM me and ill tell you everything u need to know or i could tell you over the net. I bet you bought it from newedgeperformance.com :p, thats where I got mine and missing the same pieces.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Umm, you guys need to contact your vendor for the hardware kits. Installing the system with the riht parts will net the best results. Did you get the clamps? The hardware kits are shipped with the clamps, vibration mount, grommet, and hardware in a bag together. We pre-bag the hardware kits for our vendors, so there should be no missing parts.

·
Registered
930 Posts
*on a side note*

did you get that stuff I sent you walter? just making sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts