Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this a week ago when I was south Texas, Definatly from mexico. MINT condition, this was like a day or 2 before the New RS premiered so i was stoked and hoping for a 2 door like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Interesting. It has the Mk2 st wheels. Ones been seen in Georgia also same colour. This one looks a bit cleaner too

·
Registered
609 Posts
You know - I hope it's not the case but I wonder why it's in such shape and hasn't been moved yet. Hope it's not been stolen or something crazy

·
Registered
93 Posts
I live in south Texas and have seen this car around for a couple of years now. He used to work at an aquarium but left before I got to ask him more about the car. Definitely a nice ride

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Wonder if Pete sold his car?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Question, how are they claiming it's road legal here? It's not over 25 years old, isn't substantially similar to any other 2010 Ford Focus sold in the USA by the spirit of the law.

Chances are if it was imported under show and display you can't really sell it either, so lmao and good luck.

Here?s How People Illegally Import Cars To The United States

Unless someone fat fingered the numbers the mileage is wrong also
79,000 08/21/2014 not included in rollback calculation
13,489 12/11/2014
It was over 79k (maybe KM, idk) but then now it's suddenly 13.5k
It was an illegal immigrant from Mexico as far as the Federal Government and US EPA are concerned.

It's registered in Arizona, doesn't mean it's really legal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Question, how are they claiming it's road legal here? It's not over 25 years old, isn't substantially similar to any other 2010 Ford Focus sold in the USA by the spirit of the law.

Chances are if it was imported under show and display you can't really sell it either, so lmao and good luck.

Here?s How People Illegally Import Cars To The United States

Unless someone fat fingered the numbers the mileage is wrong also
79,000 08/21/2014 not included in rollback calculation
13,489 12/11/2014
It was over 79k (maybe KM, idk) but then now it's suddenly 13.5k
It was an illegal immigrant from Mexico as far as the Federal Government and US EPA are concerned.

It's registered in Arizona, doesn't mean it's really legal.
I agree, it can't be legal. If it was imported under show an display the mileage is limited to 2500 mi/yr. And as far as I know, nobody shelled out enough money to import 3 to have 2 of them heading into a concrete barrier in a test lab. Either way, all the performance mods on this "collector car" as it's listed push me away from it (even if I could afford that, of course). Definitely a very odd situation going on here.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Much like the R32 and R33 skylines I see for sale on CL sometimes saying, "it has ky plates so it's legal." lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Much like the R32 and R33 skylines I see for sale on CL sometimes saying, "it has ky plates so it's legal." lol
Yeah, I think that's what we've got going on here. Buy MK2 RS from Mexico > know someone in DMV > have some fun with the car > sell as "legal" in the US > much profit.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Yeah, I think that's what we've got going on here. Buy MK2 RS from Mexico > know someone in DMV > have some fun with the car > sell as "legal" in the US > much profit.
Smuggling + fraud = criminal offenses and fines and possible jail time, as well as the purchaser losing the car and the money.

Where's the benefit to anyone other than the seller? [scratch]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Smuggling + fraud = criminal offenses and fines and possible jail time, as well as the purchaser losing the car and the money.

Where's the benefit to anyone other than the seller? [scratch]
There isn't one. But people are stupid and I'm sure someone will try to do it with hopes that nobody will know that. However, if this is one of the five that were imported to Mexico, I'm sure someone's going to notice something is going on when they see it. So IDK. I can't think of what's going on or how this is US legal.

But I'd REALLY like to know the true situation with this car. But like I said it just seems too sketchy for me. Especially the mileage thing. Am I missing something about that part? If it was switched from 79k KM to Miles that would translate to about 49k miles.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
There are several mistakes in the ad. A majority of the photos look to be from Mexico. You can put an AZ tag on a car and take a photo. I sent an email to the seller asking to send a photo of the HS-7 on the car.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
And for $70,000, you can buy one in MX and have it registered there for less than $30,000.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts