Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just did the alpine ktp 445u upgrade in my 2014 SE, and want more out of my speakers. im an infinity fan, and am looking to pick some Infinity Kappa 60.9cs up. however, im not sure about the fitment in the tweeter area. Im not sure if there is enough depth to mount these tweeters in the stock location. can anyone guide me on that?

here is a link with the mount depth for the tweeter and speaker itself.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13969_Infinity-Kappa-60.9cs.html

also, any recommendations on a good rear door 6.5 speaker? want something with a lower frequency to emphasize bass. maybe kicker or rockford?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi guys,

just did the alpine ktp 445u upgrade in my 2014 SE, and want more out of my speakers. im an infinity fan, and am looking to pick some Infinity Kappa 60.9cs up. however, im not sure about the fitment in the tweeter area. Im not sure if there is enough depth to mount these tweeters in the stock location. can anyone guide me on that?

here is a link with the mount depth for the tweeter and speaker itself.
Infinity 60.9cs 6.5" Kappa Series Component Speakers

also, any recommendations on a good rear door 6.5 speaker? want something with a lower frequency to emphasize bass. maybe kicker or rockford?

thanks in advance
A bit late on this reply but I just mounted JBL GTO18T's in the stock location. I'm not sure what the depth difference is but I had plenty of extra room.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Late as well but I just installed the 60.9cs and had to take out all of the stock tweeter posts with a dremel to get the Infinity tweeters mounted. Depth is not an issue, just the bigger diameter of the tweeters. I ended up fabricating a bracket to hold the tweeters in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts