Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how things were going on Tom's Mk3 Turbo kit project. Last I knew, he wanted a car to work on by March. Has anyone donated theirs yet? I'd let him take mine, but I don't have a second car to drive while mine's under the knife for an unknown amount of time...
Anyone have any updates on that? Or should I let that several year old dream die?

·
Registered
527 Posts
ooo, did not know this was happening :)

I think you may have mentioned in other threads about doing Manual first, then attempting DCT?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweeeeeet
Have you figured out a safe power goal or anything? Or are you waiting to see how the engine does once the hardware is actually installed?
Do you have parts already picked out like the turbo, exhaust manifold, downpipe, intercooler/intake piping?
I just want to know all of the things. I'm jumping up and down in my chair waiting for this.
Thanks

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
I have a finished kit ready to go on again, I just need SCT to get things finished up and some one willing to let me barrow there Focus

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
After you develop it, will you make a gb/pre-order? Will it include bottom end pieces? Or how strong have you found our bottom end to be?

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
I have not tuned one on a MK3 yet to tell how the engine will hold up , I barrowed a hit hard in the rear 5sp MK3 to get the kit made and it looks stock ,now waiting on SCT

Tom

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have not tuned one on a MK3 yet to tell how the engine will hold up , I barrowed a hit hard in the rear 5sp MK3 to get the kit made and it looks stock ,now waiting on SCT

Tom
How much do you think you would sell it for?

·
FF Founder
20,121 Posts
The hold up is SCT , I am waiting on a few things to get fixed in the software then I already have a kit ready to go back on a MK3

Tom
Are we talking about the Hybrid turbo or another one?[giddy]

·
FF Founder
20,121 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Random question Tom, what spark plugs will you run with that turbo setup? Have you found a better plug for the mk3?

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Can't wait, Tom. This is very promising!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Not yet but I do know there working on some of it

Tom
What is it you need from them? I ask, because in another thread you mentioned you could do whatever was needed for a tune already? (curious btw... I am in no way seeking to 'out' you or anything!)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts