Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hard to say till I get one back on the dyno , I think the DCT will show the same HP and TQ

Tom
Hey Tom.
I think he's asking if you plan to intentionally tune a DCT with lower power to go easy on the transmission. I would assume the answer is no.

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey Tom.
I think he's asking if you plan to intentionally tune a DCT with lower power to go easy on the transmission. I would assume the answer is no.
No , I am going to push the DCT to see where its limit is , Have already started doing this
I think the Trans it self will hold a lot , over 300 TQ , I think the clutch will slip long before the trans is an issue

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Tom can we expect the same numbers on a DCT car? Or will it be a little more tamed to save the tranny? Really interested in either one of your kits, just waiting for 60K miles. I'd rather not void my warranty lol.
The DCT is typically about 4-5 whp less then 5 speed on dynos, do not install a turbo kit if you are worried about any powertrain warranty.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Hey Tom.
One could always run less boost, I don't think the full kit will make enough torque to be an issue. Also, I remember Mike from RDC was looking into getting grippier upgraded clutches for the DCT made...that might be useful.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One could always run less boost, I don't think the full kit will make enough torque to be an issue. Also, I remember Mike from RDC was looking into getting grippier upgraded clutches for the DCT made...that might be useful.

I've been looking all over the place whether this was even a possibility. Does he have a thread for updates on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I've been looking all over the place whether this was even a possibility. Does he have a thread for updates on this?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
No he has just mentioned it in other threads. nothing official yet.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I have tested the Injectors and the HPFP and both came out very close to what the ST pump was doing , only thing I havent tested is the in tank pump

Tom
The in tank pump loses volume at high RPM, ST in tank pump is a direct replacement.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
We are planning to deliver a DCT to the company for HD packs by next month

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The in tank pump loses volume at high RPM, ST in tank pump is a direct replacement.

Sent from my SM-N920V using FF Mobile
I think so as well , I had the Injectors tested , The HPFP Tested and they were with in just a few % of the ST , Figured it was the in tank pump and going to have one tested at 40psi and do the same with a ST to see what they both flow at
I hit 255 hp and the more I push it the sooner in RPM the fuel falls off so sure its in tank pump , Wish SCT would log the fuel psi , I am sure your finding many things you wish SCT did LOL

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I think so as well , I had the Injectors tested , The HPFP Tested and they were with in just a few % of the ST , Figured it was the in tank pump and going to have one tested at 40psi and do the same with a ST to see what they both flow at
I hit 255 hp and the more I push it the sooner in RPM the fuel falls off so sure its in tank pump , Wish SCT would log the fuel psi , I am sure your finding many things you wish SCT did LOL

Tom
You got that right, sooooo outdated. But making progress. The ST pump is also a bit cheaper than the OE NA pump

41 - 51 of 51 Posts