Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tom supposedly the tank pump puts out the same pressure as the ST pump (Ford specs). You positive it might not be the HPFP we have? Either way it's best to loom at the tank pump. Great news for the community with those numbers :)
I have tested the Injectors and the HPFP and both came out very close to what the ST pump was doing , only thing I havent tested is the in tank pump

Tom

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have tested the Injectors and the HPFP and both came out very close to what the ST pump was doing , only thing I havent tested is the in tank pump

Tom
Got it. Seems reasonable. Let us know what you find. Hope it's not the pump, seems like it may be a pain the a** to remove.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Will this pass smog check in California?
To my knowledge no. This is a kit that Tom is the sole importer of from Taiwan. They would most likely not have spent the money to CARB certify it, so it will fail California smog.

I would hazard a guess, however, that the actual emissions levels would be in line with, if not better than, a standard ST.

·
FF Affiliate
30,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just to be clear this is my Full MK3 DIY Turbo kit not the FP/PRTech Turbo kit

The FP/PRTech kit will spool much earlier and make less HP per lb/psi will make the same HP but sooner and fall of quicker

Turbos are like cams the smaller the more lower end , the bigger the more top end less bottom

Tom

·
Registered
490 Posts

The FP/PRTech kit will spool much earlier and make less HP per lb/psi will make the same HP but sooner and fall of quicker

Turbos are like cams the smaller the more lower end , the bigger the more top end less bottom

Tom
Sorry, Tom, that was a bad assumption on my part!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not a problem !

Tom
So does this mean you finally got the exhaust manifold source locked down? I know that was a trial for a while there.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

Tom
Doh! Thought those were high numbers... what turbo is that kit using?

·
FF Affiliate
30,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I started with the Comp Turbo I have been using in my DIY Turbo kits for years , We are going to change it to a Tripple Ball bearing with billet wheel and bullet nut , I think I can pick up about 4-500 rpm quicker spool and smoother and thats right where I like the boost to come on

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Geeze photobucket sucks now, their site is so bloated and slow, so many ads and crap

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Just use the ff app. Way easier for posting photos.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tom can we expect the same numbers on a DCT car? Or will it be a little more tamed to save the tranny? Really interested in either one of your kits, just waiting for 60K miles. I'd rather not void my warranty lol.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts