Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Today my headlights came in!!!

they are these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-15-17-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

they are from DNA motoring off ebay. Project low and high beam and ubar led's.

Also using autofeel's led bulb headlights for the low beam's.

**Edit: falsely advertised for bulb type. The low beams are not H11's, they are H7's. The high beams are not H1's, they are also H7's.
There is no 168 bulb, the side hole cover just lets you see into the high beam location.**

I guess I wasted 50$ on new led bulbs h11 &h7. thats what I get for trusting listings description.

Anyways figured id start a new thread for people to see what they look like:)

Wood Plywood Architecture Material property Beige

Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Headlamp Auto part

Automotive exterior

Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design Auto part Hood

Text Font Line Number Document

Auto part Photography Rim Wheel Cameras & optics

Auto part Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive wheel system

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So, I will be installing these shortly, but I wont promise pictures of the lights as of right now. I blasted DNA motoring about the false advertising. Ive spent a lot of money on these lights, and im far from made of money. So until I get it resolved on ebay, or my next paycheck I will have to wait to show led cut off once I buy the correct set of bulbs for them. soo sorry FF's on the wait but when I do have them installed, ill show you:)

***UPDATE: DNA Motoring has partially refunded 50$ of my order due to the headlight problem. At least some eBay sellers try and do the right thing for the customers.***

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
To convert to the 3.5 front end, whats needed other than the hood, lights, and front bumper? It just bolts right up

Ok short answer yes, long answer some small adaptations are required. It seems ford got lazy designing it and didnt feel like redesigning new parts totally so they used parts that were already on the mk3 to upsell the mk3.5 with a "more aggressive styling package". IMO.

Long answer: Soo originally I thought it was that simple. It sorta is, and I found that out by the headlight install.. heres what I mean:

-As far as I can tell mk3-3.5 side front fenders are the same. def helps if you chop and wide body or whatnot to know. I went a little crazy on the front for the tires so will be redoing my fenders thanks for this backwards compatibility.

-I have to wait on the next paycheck to buy the hood to be for sure. but should fit.

-The headlights: I have noticed the bottom light hole that connects near the radiator support. it doesnt line up with the Mk3 holes. I dont know if I need to redo the entire reinforcement of that bar. see attached picture of the part number. its F1EZ17C897C.

-Other then that the bumper cover snaps right into the sides of the standard bumper clip brackets, see attached picture.

I know I have a few bit of tiny clean up to make it line up flush but shouldn't be too hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok short answer yes, long answer some small adaptations are required. It seems ford got lazy designing it and didnt feel like redesigning new parts totally so they used parts that were already on the mk3 to upsell the mk3.5 with a "more aggressive styling package". IMO.

Long answer: Soo originally I thought it was that simple. It sorta is, and I found that out by the headlight install.. heres what I mean:

-As far as I can tell mk3-3.5 side front fenders are the same. def helps if you chop and wide body or whatnot to know. I went a little crazy on the front for the tires so will be redoing my fenders thanks for this backwards compatibility.

-I have to wait on the next paycheck to buy the hood to be for sure. but should fit.

-The headlights: I have noticed the bottom light hole that connects near the radiator support. it doesnt line up with the Mk3 holes. I dont know if I need to redo the entire reinforcement of that bar. see attached picture of the part number. its F1EZ17C897C.

-Other then that the bumper cover snaps right into the sides of the standard bumper clip brackets, see attached picture.

I know I have a few bit of tiny clean up to make it line up flush but shouldn't be too hard.
i'm doing the same conversion but my headlight plugs are the same but different connection inside the plug so they don't work. did you have the same problem or did yours plug in and just work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, here is the headlights installed for now. I still need to buy a 2015 mk3.5 hood, to make them work but here is my front end conversion so far from a mk3 to an mk3.5.

View attachment 254805
Hi, where did you get the bumper from? I’m looking to do this to my mk 3 but I find it’s very expensive and I’m looking for the cheapest options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you do to get the mk3.5 headlights to work on the mk3? I'm doing a 2012mk3 facelift using 2016mk3.5 st headlights. I have forscan and a OBDLink EX cable but I need a definitive answer to make my low beams work. My high beams and blinkers work. The DRL do not work either. Any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts