Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

Well my car is unbearable to drive. I have to leave it in S mode (no guarantee) or the car shudders when you reach 1100-1500 as it begins to shift from stop and go traffic or dead stop. It slipped once again on the turnpike and luckily I was able to pull over before I was rear-ended. I took it to the local Lincoln dealer where I usually get all the service done. The Service advisor requested I back up a bit and I said no problem. Even in reverse the wheels stuttered. He said wow and pulled up any campaigns. Well........there was the low speed shuttering and all the wonderful things that happens to be listed on the bulletin that extended our warranties. He said I cant service your car as Ford will not pay us. You will have to take it to a Ford dealer.

Most of my buds here know the issue with South Florida dealers. You know one, Midway Ford that treats you like doogy poo and Gus Machado Ford that takes your cars while in service to the quick mart for some lunch and leaves it running for over 30 minutes unattended in a not so nice neighborhood. (remember the my car camera dvr that keeps on recording lol) . I am at a lost on where to bring it and lose it for three-four days while they once again replace the clutch packs and seal. I think I need Ford reps intervention like last time.

Car has 24,000 miles and second time around. Maybe I should wait until I am either rear-ended or the tranny falls out of the car! Either scenario is likely lol.

Funny I just brought a 2014 STANG last week! Glutton I tell ya.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Howdy all,

Well my car is unbearable to drive. I have to leave it in S mode (no guarantee) or the car shudders when you reach 1100-1500 as it begins to shift from stop and go traffic or dead stop. It slipped once again on the turnpike and luckily I was able to pull over before I was rear-ended. I took it to the local Lincoln dealer where I usually get all the service done. The Service advisor requested I back up a bit and I said no problem. Even in reverse the wheels stuttered. He said wow and pulled up any campaigns. Well........there was the low speed shuttering and all the wonderful things that happens to be listed on the bulletin that extended our warranties. He said I cant service your car as Ford will not pay us. You will have to take it to a Ford dealer.

Most of my buds here know the issue with South Florida dealers. You know one, Midway Ford that treats you like doogy poo and Gus Machado Ford that takes your cars while in service to the quick mart for some lunch and leaves it running for over 30 minutes unattended in a not so nice neighborhood. (remember the my car camera dvr that keeps on recording lol) . I am at a lost on where to bring it and lose it for three-four days while they once again replace the clutch packs and seal. I think I need Ford reps intervention like last time.

Car has 24,000 miles and second time around. Maybe I should wait until I am either rear-ended or the tranny falls out of the car! Either scenario is likely lol.

Funny I just brought a 2014 STANG last week! Glutton I tell ya.
Congrats on the new 'Stang!

I encourage you to check out our Dealer Locate tool. Once you've picked a dealer and set up an appointment, please let me know.
Meagan

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new 'Stang!

I encourage you to check out our Dealer Locate tool. Once you've picked a dealer and set up an appointment, please let me know.
Meagan
Hello Meagan,

Thank you for reaching out. As I stated, both dealerships are local and since I cannot receive quality service, it is up to the manufacturer to intervene on my behalf. The car is within the stated warranty. The first time I received replacement clutch packs and seal this was accomplished by a Regional Manager from Ford. I would appreciate the same level of response in order to assist my continuing concerns and issues. You gals and guys here from Ford create miracles.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello Meagan,

Thank you for reaching out. As I stated, both dealerships are local and since I cannot receive quality service, it is up to the manufacturer to intervene on my behalf. The car is within the stated warranty. The first time I received replacement clutch packs and seal this was accomplished by a Regional Manager from Ford. I would appreciate the same level of response in order to assist my continuing concerns and issues. You gals and guys here from Ford create miracles.
I can completely understand your frustrations. I want to look into some options, but in order for me to do so, I do need you to have a dealership you're comfortable going to for the repair, as my contacts work directly with the dealer for a resolution.

Meagan

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lesser of two evils would be MIDWAY FORD. At least they did not take my car for a joy ride. :) We also need to look at the wheel bearings. The hum from the car ever increases as you build up speed. The tires are only at 60 percent left and balanced. It sounds like a rocket ship at 55 mph. Other than that, no complaints. Still love my wittle deathtrap.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. Thinks its revision f

·
Registered
813 Posts
I took mine to the dealer recently, got the Customer Satisfaction Letter from Ford and the dealer told me they have a ton of complaints and have replaced one clutch a week.

Dealer test drove it to replicate my laundry list of issues, but the car is unpredictable and did not replicate the issues 100%.

I had complete loss of throttle response, bad shuddering and neck snapping gear changes, also lately in reverse the car hops and shudders even worse. Also had a similar front end noise like you described, sounded like a wheel bearing was going bad.

I am planning on getting rid of my car soon, just not worth the hassle and time taken off work to take it in for all these issues. Probably will be the last Ford product I ever own after this experience, the DCT ruined a otherwise great car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PM Sent Meagan.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YAY, Ford Regional Manager just called. Funny, it is the same person from the first clutch replacement a year ago. The gent was a professional then and now. Hopefully, this time around will be the last. My appointment is next Tuesday.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Good luck buddy! "This time around will be the last"... It's up to you! Fix it and sale it ASAP
Why do you always feel the need to tell someone to sell their car? 1.) That always isn't an option. 2.) It isn't always the only option, because that's what you make it seem to be. 3.) Any car can be fixed, you just have to have patience. There is a reason Ford extended the warranty.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will and I do not want to sell it. I like the car and will be giving it to my Daughter. Besides, I own it. Listen, my 2014 Stang (1000 miles) has imperfections too. The rear deck truck molding has to be reseated, the dash board trim piece over the airbags needs replacement, and there is a creak in the suspension over bumps. They too will be fixed UNDER warranty. My Lexus had a runaway acceleration issue. They fixed that as well. One bad car does not diminish a line....except a Yugo, AMC, Vega and Pinto.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I will and I do not want to sell it. I like the car and will be giving it to my Daughter. Besides, I own it. Listen, my 2014 Stang (1000 miles) has imperfections too. The rear deck truck molding has to be reseated, the dash board trim piece over the airbags needs replacement, and there is a creak in the suspension over bumps. They too will be fixed UNDER warranty. My Lexus had a runaway acceleration issue. They fixed that as well. One bad car does not diminish a line....except a Yugo, AMC, Vega and Pinto.
Yeah, I see. Well regardless of what you wanna do, good luck, bud. I was just telling him that, because it seems as though every DCT thread, he jumps in there and tells the OP to run and sell the car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I meant I WILL see that the car is fixed and I will NOT sell it. lol Sorry it looks different when I re-read it.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I meant I WILL see that the car is fixed and I will NOT sell it. lol Sorry it looks different when I re-read it.
Made sense to me. Haha it's all good!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I know your frustrations well with South Florida Ford Dealers, I have been to 3 total and will not go back to the dealer I purchased the car from for service as they would not even attempt to fix my issues with the DCT.

Since day 1 my car basically shuddered and grinded it's way down the road, the latest TSB with the Rev D clutch seemed to have eliminated all those issues for now, but I still have a similar noise issue in the front end like you described. Dealer said they could not find anything wrong, drove with a tech to show him the issue, he felt it but they could not solve it.

So now the DCT is fixed, not sure for how long? Was told they made changes to the seal design to eliminate the leakage issue.

Not sure what to do about the pulsating sound coming from the front end, I typically hear it between 5 and 30mph, after which it diminishes. I mentioned to them wheel bearing, CV joint and etc and they said all checked out fine.

I'm not too happy with Ford right now, the fact it took over 1 1/2 years of ownership to get this Customer Satisfaction Letter to fix the DCT is a joke and repeated attempts to get it rectified were met with "That's the way it is" and "Ford will not fix it".

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will keep everyone updated next week after it is dropped off. I just drove the car today since Saturday and I was not disappointed (sarcasm)....makes driving in stop and go traffic sooooo much fun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts