Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah, I thought the pictures would help people to better visualize the size increase. Which might help them decide if they want to do this upgrade.[:)]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone knows is SE n ST sharing same stainless hose...stoptech and goodridge doesnt seems to sell Ss hose for SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Anyone knows is SE n ST sharing same stainless hose...stoptech and goodridge doesnt seems to sell Ss hose for SE

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
I'd think the threads would be the same on the st calipers vs the regular calipers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks felix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
The earlier svt & regular calipers use the same threads. The only other style to upgrade to is a banjo style hoses/fittings.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The ST front caliper threads and the 'regular' front caliper threads have the same threading. I found some front and rear Goodridge S.S. hoses for my 2012 Ti and had them installed a couple of years ago. When I installed the ST calipers these same S.S. hoses threaded in with out any problems or leaks! Since the rear disk brakes are the same for all Focus' I would say that any S.S. hose set should fit the rears without any issues.

I talked to one of the CFM guys about the S.S. hoses when I bought my pads and rotors from them. He thought that the only difference between what I have installed and ST specific hoses might be their length. As I stated above I didn't have any problems (well at least so far[hihi]) using the Goodridge S.S. hoses already installed.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I know I'm reviving a dead ish post, but is the guide pin and bracket bolt the same?
You'd be using the caliper slide pins that came w/ the caliper as you'd be getting a st caliper w/ brackets. Use the oem bracket bolts. I'd also upgrade the lines to SS since your there & doing it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I just installed front ST calipers on my 2012 Ti with Hawk HPS pads and StopTech slotted rotors all around. I ordered 'new' OEM ST parts from a local Ford Dealer and everything bolted up without any issues. I already had Goodridge S.S. brake hoses installed and was able to reuse them on the new front ST calipers. The rear brakes are the same size for all Focus' so I didn't include any pictures of those. I had very good results installing aftermarket pads & rotors on my 99 Contour, so it was an easy decision to go with after market this time with the Focus. I chose slotted rotors just for the looks, but I put the ST calipers on for the larger pads and rotors for better braking performance. I don't even have a 100 miles on the new setup, so it's to soon to tell if I actually met my objective. Time & miles will tell.

The following pictures (in order) are OEM front brakes; ST front calipers with the above mentioned pad and rotor; OEM front brake pad v. Hawk HPS ST pad; OEM front rotor v. Stoptech slotted rotor; front wheel installed on new ST brake setup.
This^^^^^^^

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I just installed front ST calipers on my 2012 Ti with Hawk HPS pads and StopTech slotted rotors all around. I ordered 'new' OEM ST parts from a local Ford Dealer and everything bolted up without any issues. I already had Goodridge S.S. brake hoses installed and was able to reuse them on the new front ST calipers. The rear brakes are the same size for all Focus' so I didn't include any pictures of those. I had very good results installing aftermarket pads & rotors on my 99 Contour, so it was an easy decision to go with after market this time with the Focus. I chose slotted rotors just for the looks, but I put the ST calipers on for the larger pads and rotors for better braking performance. I don't even have a 100 miles on the new setup, so it's to soon to tell if I actually met my objective. Time & miles will tell.

The following pictures (in order) are OEM front brakes; ST front calipers with the above mentioned pad and rotor; OEM front brake pad v. Hawk HPS ST pad; OEM front rotor v. Stoptech slotted rotor; front wheel installed on new ST brake setup.
this^^^^^^

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just adding to this topic. I installed the 13.2" MK3 ST brakes that are found on the '14+ models on my '13 SE yesterday. The calipers and pads are the same as the earlier 12.8" MK3 ST brakes. The only differences are the caliper brackets and splash shields. The brakes clear my OE 17" wheels with room to spare and the brake hoses are the same as the OE brakes. I did bend the hose bracket on the strut toward the caliper a little to give the hose a little more slack.

Rotors: EJ7Z-1125-A
Left Caliper: BV6Z-2B121-A
Right Caliper: BV6Z-2B120-A
Caliper Bracket (L or R): EJ7Z-2B292-A
Pads: BV6Z-2001-C
Left Splash Shield: CV6Z-2K005-A
Right Splash Shield: CV6Z-2L004-A

The difference is night and day in comparison to my smoked OE brakes. The total cost of everything was $280 excluding the core charge and shipping. I ended up purchasing the calipers, rotors, brackets, and splash shields from Tasca Parts and the pads from Rock Auto. The pad set I purchased included the caliper springs so you'll need them as well if the pad set doesn't include them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
RS brakes are bolt on for the ST and run $550 from Ford if your part everything together.

Sent from another garage.
Including the Brembo calipers/pads? IIRC the kit was $1200.-$1400. w/ one piece rotors vs two rotors....

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
Including the Brembo calipers/pads? IIRC the kit was $1200.-$1400. w/ one piece rotors vs two rotors....
Ford performance sell the kit for $1600. You can go to pretty much any dealer side and piece the parts together for a fraction of the price. A few have done so on the Focus ST forums.

Sent from another garage.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts