Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 SEL hatch and am debating going with Eibach sportlines or H&R sport springs from Rebel devil.

A couple questions,

Any preference as to which ones to buy?

Should I buy the springs, install, get an alignment and then see if its far enough out of alignment and get either the eibach pro alignment kit or rear camber arms or should I get all of that from the get go?

How far off have your camber specs been after springs?

Im looking for the softest ride but with a drop of ~1.25-1.8"

Lastly I'm at 36k miles, if I put them on now, how long can I expect my shocks and struts to last on this setup? I've never had a lowered vehicle so I don't know how bad a small/medium drop is on stock suspension.

Thank you.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Get the sportline's & I'd get new dampers. btw from what I heard Vogtland dampers work good too. I'd pass on the camber bolts/arms & get a 4 way alignment to set your front & rear toe.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
what's the website for vogtland. i must be dumb or something because when i google them nothing comes up.

Also to the OP. your wheels are sick.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I love my sportlines. Perfect amount of low for me.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my sportlines. Perfect amount of low for me.
How's the ride, and your alignment? Did you buy any adjustable camber arms in the rear?

Coilovers are currently out of my budget. If I were to get some I'd have to wait til next year. Already spent nearly $600 on a racing cockpit and steering wheel setup for PC/Xbox one. And $350 for spec d headlights.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
The ride is alright. Definitely bumouer than stock but its still comfy for me on long road trips. Alignment is good no pulls either way. I don't have camber arms but with these cars might be something you want to look into. Not necessarily that important.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The ride is alright. Definitely bumouer than stock but its still comfy for me on long road trips. Alignment is good no pulls either way. I don't have camber arms but with these cars might be something you want to look into. Not necessarily that important.
This^^^^ I'd pass on the camber arms too,,,,, Toe-links are a great upgrade,,,

·
Registered
459 Posts
"Softest ride" is definitely Vogtland. They work fine with stock dampers for quite a while ( ask me how I know... :) ), and they don't "bounce" at all. They spec a 1.4" drop, and that's what mine did (looks like yours will too...).

I aligned my car after putting the Vogtlands, toe changed a little bit when I did.

Cheers.

Bob.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I'm on sportlines and konis as well as camber arms. Awesome set up

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
That's what i want to get to eventually.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have the eibach pros on 18's and wish all the time I had gotten the moar low with the eibach sportlines

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Nice looking little car...........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts