Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014, I've been taking note over the last few weeks that my driver side is sitting lower than my passenger rear. Visually I can see it, I can also fit my fingers into the wheel well and feel the difference. Tonight I took rough measurements and found just under 1/2" difference between two separate measured areas. 1. Center of fender lip to ground and compressed measurement of the spring buckets themselves..

Any logical idea as to why,or what my issue could be? I assume a weak spring.. Car is equipped with Handling Pack and has 4100 miles on it. Goes in @5k for service.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
On my 2014, I've been taking note over the last few weeks that my driver side is sitting lower than my passenger rear. Visually I can see it, I can also fit my fingers into the wheel well and feel the difference. Tonight I took rough measurements and found just under 1/2" difference between two separate measured areas. 1. Center of fender lip to ground and compressed measurement of the spring buckets themselves..

Any logical idea as to why,or what my issue could be? I assume a weak spring.. Car is equipped with Handling Pack and has 4100 miles on it. Goes in @5k for service.
Hi Spray73,

I want to see how I can best assist. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
Driver is naturally lower because of how the fenders are. Before I lowered (and leveled it out) I had 3 finger gap up front, 4 in the rear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1slo, I may be mistaken but I'm not sure we're on the same page here. My drivers rear is sitting lower than it's equivalent on the opposing side. Measured at top center of rear fenders.

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
So driver front is not the same as passenger front? Then that's an issue.

You mentioned driver and rear, so I figured it was front to back.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The factory service manual states the rear ride height can vary +/-14mm from the nominal measurement. That's a total range of more than an inch allowable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The factory service manual states the rear ride height can vary +/-14mm from the nominal measurement. That's a total range of more than an inch allowable.
Interesting.. I was not aware of this. Though I am still new to the Focus, I want to ensure my vehicle is not suffering from a weak spring or something of the sort.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Interesting.. I was not aware of this. Though I am still new to the Focus, I want to ensure my vehicle is not suffering from a weak spring or something of the sort.
This is from the factory service manual. The spec for dimension 1 (the rear ride height) is 60mm +/-14mm. You can obtain it by measuring lower arm pivots - dimensions 2 and 3 from the ground (vehicle on level surface, tires at proper pressure, full tank of gas) and then subtracting 3 from 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts