Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's fantastic news that it's confirmed to be coming here but I'm not holding my breath until more substantial specs are released.

As noted in this (and many other articles posted today around the webs) many speculate somewhere in the ballpark of 330HP from the 2.3 ecoboost.

Personally, I'm torn; this will probably be a more limited production than the ST so any opportunity to get one shouldn't be passed up but. However, I'll admit that I will be a little more than disappointed if it doesn't have AWD. Again the speculation is that it will have it and in the pictures you can see that ST is riding pretty low, plus the dual exhaust could be a hint.

Still if this ends up FWD, it would be a bit of a letdown.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, definitely wanting more specs and hope they go with awd otherwise..it's about the same as a built ST.. We will see I guess

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
No AWD please (i.e. no added weight, cost, and complexity please).
Let's make it simpler and lighter.

Want AWD? Buy a Jeep. [:)]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
If you read the fine print in the linked Ford release the cars are 'through 2020'
So you might be waiting FIVE YEARS to see a RS in the USA..

So far Ford has been far too slow releasing cars in the USA it has for sale in the EU.
So I would NOT be holding my breath for a 2015 RS. and probably not even a 2016 one either..
I would bet money it will be an early 2017..
And from what is said, it will be imported from EU.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you read the fine print in the linked Ford release the cars are 'through 2020'

So far Ford has been far too slow releasing cars in the USA it has for sale in the EU.
So I would NOT be holding my breath for a 2015 RS. and probably not even a 2016 one either..
Probably.
Also, from what another said it's not gonna be a limited.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I'm sure that there will be a lot of very unhappy ST owners with many (if not most) of them trading in their car.

If it does debut at the Detroit auto show next month, expect it to arrive in dealer showrooms before the end of 2015.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well to all of those ST owners trading in, it will help out everyone else that wanted an ST and get a fairly priced used one easily.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's for sure!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
So it's pretty much a win - win situation. My friends plan on buying a used ST anyways just to help with cost. I just hope it's not a bust on the RS. I kind of also liked the thought of a possible MS3 AWD.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts

Ford Driving Performance Innovation to New Levels
By Sherrice Gilsbach
Dec-11-2014 12:05 PM ET

DEARBORN - Ford announced today it is hitting the gas on a new program to unify global performance vehicle operations in order to bring more performance vehicles and parts to a greater customer-base.

Ford Performance, led by Dave Pericak, who has been appointed director, Global Performance Vehicles, ties together under one umbrella Ford’s Special Vehicle Team in North America and Europe’s Team RS to grow beyond these regional roots and expand as one aligned global unit moving forward.

The new team also joins Racing, Race Engineering, Performance Vehicles and Performance Parts and Accessories skill teams. Combining forces will allow the teams to more effectively share best practices in meeting customer needs.

With plans to deliver more than 12 performance vehicles in the next five years, the cohesive nature of Ford Performance will help Ford better meet the goal of increasing global availability of these unique vehicles and parts.

A new Ford Focus RS will be the first out of the gate to be made globally available from the performance line.

The North American Focus RS will be built at MAP (Michigan Assembly Plant) alongside the normal Focus & Focus ST. I expect to see it on sale as a MY2016 with a 2 year run if not sooner.

EDIT - BTW this new division "Ford Performance" is headquartered at a new facility in Charlotte North Carolina.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A new Ford Focus RS will be the first out of the gate to be made globally available from the performance line. I expect to see it on sale as a MY2016 with a 2 year run if not sooner.
[bigcry][bigcry] first out!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
The North American Focus RS will be built at MAP (Michigan Assembly Plant) alongside the normal Focus & Focus ST. I expect to see it on sale as a MY2016 with a 2 year run if not sooner.

That the RS would be imported (in a very limited amount) was only a rumor that now seems likely not to be true.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Here's the catch, how much will it cost? I just have a problem spending near $30K on a Focus.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
We'll see, all the competitors (sport versions of cheaper cars) fall into that ballpark.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No AWD please (i.e. no added weight, cost, and complexity please)... Want AWD? Buy a Jeep. [:)]
You must not have ever driven a WRX. 330HP would be a waste without AWD. What's the point of having a bunch of power if you can't get it to connect?

·
Registered
845 Posts
We'll see, all the competitors (sport versions of cheaper cars) fall into that ballpark.
Mini unveiled another John Cooper Works car with 228bhp. It's good to see this segment growing. However, it's got such a thin line to walk with consumers. They're cars geared towards younger drivers mainly, who very rarely are willing to break the $30K mark. Those who do/can are almost always willing to buy a used BMW or so. Just my $.02 from what I've seen around me. I'm sure others have different experiences and thoughts.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts