Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Looks great man. what percent did you end up going?

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Ok cool. I think vinyl is probably the way to go. I have nightshade on mine and like the look, but it tends to make it more of a matte color whereas vinyl keeps its gloss. How much did the shop charge you to put it on?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Me and a buddy put it on, The vinyl only cost me about 22.
The shop I was gonna have it done at was gonna charge 80

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Yeah I opted for tint on my headlights and the shop charged me $70 for both headlights and fogs. I didn't want to risk messing up the tint job and getting bubbles. I guess taillights would be easier to apply tint to though.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah I opted for tint on my headlights and the shop charged me $70 for both headlights and fogs. I didn't want to risk messing up the tint job and getting bubbles. I guess taillights would be easier to apply tint to though.
Yeah I have some bubbles but I'm good with a needle lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a little confused because there is an extra red region that isn't on the stock lights. Can you please correct my understanding? If the outer strips are the running lights, and the outer red LED array is the brake light, what controls the inner red array that's right above the reverse lights? Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm a little confused because there is an extra red region that isn't on the stock lights. Can you please correct my understanding? If the outer strips are the running lights, and the outer red LED array is the brake light, what controls the inner red array that's right above the reverse lights? Thanks for posting!
Sorry, No the LED strips are just Taillights That extra red wire come out of the main section after it goes through the pre-installed resistor. That is what you run to the inner tails

The brake lights are prewired and are an LED cluster similar to the brake lights on the fusion.
The are the upper red section of the outer taillight

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, No the LED strips are just Taillights That extra red wire come out of the main section after it goes through the pre-installed resistor. That is what you run to the inner tails

The brake lights are prewired and are an LED cluster similar to the brake lights on the fusion.
The are the upper red section of the outer taillight
My apologies for my misunderstanding but I really appreciate your help. What is done inside the car to turn on the lights marked as "?" Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My apologies for my misunderstanding but I really appreciate your help. What is done inside the car to turn on the lights marked as "?" Thanks again!

Oh, These are set up for the euro/China Sedan so those are rear fog lamps. the don't turn on when wired, unless less you custom wire them to the break lights

·
Registered
952 Posts
:/ Help plz

Hello all. I've got myself a set of these lights second hand. While the guy that sold them to me is trying his best, he can't recall precise instructions on how to wire these AND it looks like he actually didn't wire them according to the original design. I'm hoping someone can give me a quick point so I can finish this mod. I have the two rear lights installed, but need to get the trunk lid parts on. This is where I am at.

This is the passenger side trunk lid light housing. What he tells me to do compared to what this thread dictates don't seem to match up, so I'm wary to move ahead. On this housing I have two unattached wires. A black/white you can see, and the big long gray one. Instead of using the DS female/male plug for connecting the trunk to tail lights, he rigged it on the passenger side instead. The gray line goes to an obvious exposed wire, but I'm not clear what of the remaining wires I connect to what due to conflicting instruction.

This is the driver side trunk lid light housing where I have two errant wires. A black/white from the rear fogs and a red/black from the (what I think is) LED unit. Again, not clear what to attach to what as what I see here doesn't match what he has instructed me to do.

Looking at the housings I know what line is what. Green/yellow is ground, black/white or black should be power yadda yadda. What isn't clear is what lines to connect to in the car. The instructions I've received are...

"So. The trunk ones. U need to get a brake signal from ur 3rd brake light. And ur reverse light u tap into that."..Bless his soul, but reading that vs. reading what's here is having me a little stressed. Any direction/suggestion would be awesome. I've got taps and electrical tape on hand and would love to have this done today. Thanks in advance friends!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello all. I've got myself a set of these lights second hand. While the guy that sold them to me is trying his best, he can't recall precise instructions on how to wire these AND it looks like he actually didn't wire them according to the original design. I'm hoping someone can give me a quick point so I can finish this mod. I have the two rear lights installed, but need to get the trunk lid parts on. This is where I am at.

This is the passenger side trunk lid light housing. What he tells me to do compared to what this thread dictates don't seem to match up, so I'm wary to move ahead. On this housing I have two unattached wires. A black/white you can see, and the big long gray one. Instead of using the DS female/male plug for connecting the trunk to tail lights, he rigged it on the passenger side instead. The gray line goes to an obvious exposed wire, but I'm not clear what of the remaining wires I connect to what due to conflicting instruction.

This is the driver side trunk lid light housing where I have two errant wires. A black/white from the rear fogs and a red/black from the (what I think is) LED unit. Again, not clear what to attach to what as what I see here doesn't match what he has instructed me to do.

Looking at the housings I know what line is what. Green/yellow is ground, black/white or black should be power yadda yadda. What isn't clear is what lines to connect to in the car. The instructions I've received are...

"So. The trunk ones. U need to get a brake signal from ur 3rd brake light. And ur reverse light u tap into that."..Bless his soul, but reading that vs. reading what's here is having me a little stressed. Any direction/suggestion would be awesome. I've got taps and electrical tape on hand and would love to have this done today. Thanks in advance friends!
I'm Sure, What he told you to do will work, The question is is he trying to wire the led fogs to the center brake light that may be where the difference lies, I don't have my fogs wired to turn on because I didn't know what line to run them to

·
Registered
952 Posts
Tech-Specter said:
I'm Sure, What he told you to do will work, The question is is he trying to wire the led fogs to the center brake light that may be where the difference lies, I don't have my fogs wired to turn on because I didn't know what line to run them to
So I'm thinking he's custom wired the array mentioned a little earlier in this thread. Think I should go ...
First pic.. (passenger side in my case)
- Combined black to reverse hot
- Reverse light white/black to OEM reverse ground
- There is a different white/black coming out of the plastic looming that I have since removed. I believe this connects the LED array to the 3rd brake hot.

Second pic..
- Combined black to reverse hot
- Reverse light white/black to OEM reverse ground
- Red/black (on the other one's custom wiring it's white/black [dunno]) to 3rd brake hot

Sound plausible?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sounds about right to me, , Although I only had to use the hot and ground to the reverse lights to get my truck lid lights on (Minus Fogs)

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
Question, Do the inner assemblies come with a connector and you just splice past it? or no connector at all?

Just trying to figure out what would be required to install without splicing...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts