Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK To start this walk through.

1.I would like to say sorry for the bad pictures my SD card got corrupted so I lost the during installation picturs.

2.You will need some 18-14 gauge quick tap connectors.

OK so I Installed these taillights for the MK3 sedan

I got them off of eBay, listed as plug and play.
So on that point the outer parts of the lights, Have the Resistors per wired in so The plug up to the stock harness with no issues like so.

You will need to undo the two plastic thumb bolts that hold the taillights in and pull back your trunk liner to acess the Wiring harness.

You will notice that the driver side outer light will have a black and red cable with a quick connect end.

Once you have the two outer lights in place we move on to the Inner sections on the trunk lid. After removing the OEM lights you will need to remove the small plastic grip from the inner prong hole.
That piece looks like this

Now the Aftermarket Inner Light's wiring harness isn't I repeat IS NOT the same as ours. Because of that in order for any of the lights on these inner sections to work you have to tap in to the Hot and ground wires for the reverse lights like so.

Now in One of the boxes There will be two resistors one for each inner section. you connect those to the wires with male quick connect ends and place where you see fit. (I have the trunk liner so I wasn't worried about wiring appearance so they are just taped down)

Now once all of that is set up in one of the boxes there should be a long black and white cable with 3 male quick connect ends.

You connect one end of that to the black and red wire from the driver side outer light like this

now I used a wire hanger to fish it through the drive side trunk arm and up through the truck, and the you connect it to the only female ends on the inner lights.

And with all of that done you can push you trunk liner back in place and you lid liner if you have it. and Enjoy

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Those are way nicer than the stock lights.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Love the look. Would definitely consider smoking them with a little nightshade if I end up buying these.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks awesome! I'm just so afraid of messing around with any of the wiring...first brand new car..I'm afraid to mod it lol

1 - 20 of 59 Posts