Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi,

I had the chance today to take a look at all TSB assigned to my vehicule. I got you guys a copy of each PDF. There's 26 TSBs available.

Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7KYDK8tigidWlVISWhIT1Bad3c&usp=sharing#list

Enjoy.
I have updated the list of available TSB to include the 2012, 2014 and 2015 Focus (2013 was already there since this is what I own) - also, you'll find TSB related to the Focus ST and a few TSB for the Electric.

Since I have to pay to get the TSBs and If they helped you and you want to thanks me, I accept PayPal donation :)

There's now 62 TSB.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just recently got a recall for my 2016 Focus SE Hatchback.

It's about being able to open the hatch when driving, simple update to the computer is going to fix it.

I have a friend with a 2014 ST that also got the recall. I'll link to it later.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Anyone have any updates on what changed from TSB 16-0044 to TSB 16-0129? (Loss Of Transmission Engagement, Intermittent No Start, Loss Of Power DTC’s U0100, U0101, U1013, U3003 And/Or P0606)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Looks to be title, issue statement, service procedure and part list. Looks to have added a line item for reprogramming the TCM/PCM and clutch adaptive learning for 0.6 hrs and simplified the parts list to just the full TCM kit for replacement. It also seems to add more detail about the eligible date ranges both before and after 11/5/15 for the Focus through or until 3/9/16.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Looks to be title, issue statement, service procedure and part list. Looks to have added a line item for reprogramming the TCM/PCM and clutch adaptive learning for 0.6 hrs and simplified the parts list to just the full TCM kit for replacement. It also seems to add more detail about the eligible date ranges both before and after 11/5/15 for the Focus through or until 3/9/16.
Thank you![cheers]

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just recently got a recall for my 2016 Focus SE Hatchback.

It's about being able to open the hatch when driving, simple update to the computer is going to fix it.

I have a friend with a 2014 ST that also got the recall. I'll link to it later.
I just got this for my '13. Recall Notice 16C13. I don't know if I'm even going to bother, unless the dealer gives a loaner car, which I doubt they would. The recall estimates "up to a day" for this software to be uploaded. Currently, the hatch COULD open with one button push, under 4 mph. The recall changes the software to make you have to push the button twice to open the hatch. I've never accidentally hit the hatch button, and even if I did, I can't imagine much happening at < 4 mph.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Has anyone brought in their Focus for the door latch recall yet? I'm going to take mine in during my next oil change/tire rotation since all appears to be working for now. My notice says that they are supposed to provide a rental. I want to see if any one runs into trouble with this.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My notice says that they are supposed to provide a rental. I want to see if any one runs into trouble with this.
I just looked at my (16C13) notice, and I see no mention of a rental. Under which section/question do you see that?

got3fords - anyone getting the notice is supposed to do the recall. There is nothing wrong with my latch. This is a safety update.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't have it in front of me, but I thought it said "if you are experiencing issues" or something like that. I figured once I notice something I would have it done with an oil change or state inspection.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If it's the same one I got, it's not just if you have issues. It's a software update related to the possibility of the latch opening when the car is moving.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, looks like a mechanical thing to me. I don't see a mention of software or reprogramming. Maybe there are different versions of this recall?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think you guys are talking about 2 different recalls. One is for the hatch opening while driving, a software fix. The other is for a rear door latch. Don't have a hatch so I don't know the details. The rear door latch is mechanical, but I don't believe the fix is available yet. At least I haven't got notice that it is available for my 2012.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I think you guys are talking about 2 different recalls. One is for the hatch opening while driving, a software fix. The other is for a rear door latch. Don't have a hatch so I don't know the details. The rear door latch is mechanical, but I don't believe the fix is available yet. At least I haven't got notice that it is available for my 2012.
Just want to add a little bit of details.

The software fix is for the hatch door (the back door). At any time while you drive, you could potentially hit the trunk button and it'll open. This affect only cars with a manual transmission.

The 2nd recall is for the door latches. This recall is only effective in the states who are in the south (I don't know the list by heart). It's covered everywhere in North America, however, it'll be replaced only if you have the symptoms if you live in the north.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just want to add a little bit of details.

The software fix is for the hatch door (the back door). At any time while you drive, you could potentially hit the trunk button and it'll open. This affect only cars with a manual transmission.

The 2nd recall is for the door latches. This recall is only effective in the states who are in the south (I don't know the list by heart). It's covered everywhere in North America, however, it'll be replaced only if you have the symptoms if you live in the north.
Ah. now it makes sense.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Just called my dealer. Squad-G is correct, and I need both recalls.

For the door latches, Ford doesn't have enough parts to fix all the cars now. The dealer only gets one updated latch at a time, so they can't do mine any time soon. They expect Ford to send a bunch at some point.

For the hatch update, they won't provide a loaner car. I'll probably just wait for the door part, and do them both during an oil change visit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just called my dealer. Squad-G is correct, and I need both recalls.

For the door latches, Ford doesn't have enough parts to fix all the cars now. The dealer only gets one updated latch at a time, so they can't do mine any time soon. They expect Ford to send a bunch at some point.

For the hatch update, they won't provide a loaner car. I'll probably just wait for the door part, and do them both during an oil change visit.
Shortage of parts? Again? This is a FOCUS not a GT or any other exotic car.

161 - 180 of 198 Posts