Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Has anybody had problems with the interior lights having a mind of their own??
Sometimes they come on for me and other times not. I do get the exterior flash and lights on the corners but not the overheads.
Hey Binzer,

Are you still experiencing this concern? Shoot me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage and preferred servicing dealership; I'll look into available options.

On both points, I have same concerns - i have not yet been able to figure out HOW the interior dome lights are triggered - its like a secret handshake or something.
I recommend sending a PM to my Canadian counterpart here at FordServiceCA.

Todd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update:
It's been a few months since we've had the clutches replaced- It has been very enjoyable. The car has been behaving better than when we drove it off the lot. The big test will be when the ambient temperature goes above 20 degrees Celsius. That is when it use to really act up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
anyone have an issue with fuel tank vapor recovery system? I got a check engine light yesterday went ot dealer today said need to replace fuel tank guess there is tsb on it
thank you
tom

·
Registered
104 Posts
Replace the entire fuel tank? Hope you are under warranty. Had other cars that would sometimes throw a code if the gas cap was left off or one of the lines/checlvalves developed a crack.

·
Registered
285 Posts
latest TSB

Here is the latest TSB also you can get an engine cover for 2012-2014 for $66.00 from dealer cheapparts.com
Printable View
TSB 14-0047 INTERMITTENT TRANSMISSION CLUTCH SHUDDER
DPS6 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND/OR
TRANSMISSION FLUID LEAK
Publication Date: March 11, 2014
FORD: 2011-2014 Fiesta
2012-2014 Focus
This article supersedes TSB 13-9-4 to update the Service Procedure and Part List.
ISSUE:
Some 2011-2014 Fiesta and 2012-2014 Focus vehicles equipped with a DPS6 automatic transmission may
exhibit an intermittent transmission clutch shudder on light acceleration from a stop. Some vehicles may or
may not exhibit transmission fluid leaking from the clutch housing.
ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the concern.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
For this article please refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01 for 2012-2014 Focus and 2014
Fiesta. For 2011-2013 Fiesta refer to WSM, Section 307-11.
When referred to the Shop Manual – All steps listed in the WSM must be performed.
1. NOTE PERFORMING THE SERVICE ROUTINES WILL CLEAR ADAPTIVE STRATEGY. FAILURE TO
PERFORM ALL STEPS OF THE IDS ROUTINES MAY RESULT IN ERRATIC SHIFTS AND
DRIVEABILTY CONCERNS.
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM)/transmission control module (TCM) to the latest
calibration using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 86.01 or later. Calibration files may also be
obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
2. Using IDS follow the WSM Diagnosis and Testing, Diagnosis by Symptom, Pinpoint Test A (Focus, 2014
Fiesta) or Pinpoint Test N (2011-2013 Fiesta) - Clutch Shudder on Acceleration to diagnose shudder.
a. Save and upload IDS session data.
3. Following pinpoint test A or N. What is the RPM difference?
a. If the readings are less than 250 RPM, proceed to Step 4.
b. If readings are 250 RPM or greater, proceed to Step 5.
4. The vehicle is within expected limits and no further action is required.
a. The vehicle had a pinpoint test result of less than 250 RPM.
b. No sign of fluid leaking from the bell housing area.
1. If fluid is leaking from the bell housing area, proceed to Step 6.
5. Remove the dual clutch assembly. Refer to the WSM, Section 307.
6. Is the vehicle built on or before 6/15/2013, or show signs of fluid leak?
a. Yes - proceed to step 7.
b. No - proceed to step 8.
7. Replace both inner input shaft seals located between the input shafts and the hollow outer input shaft
case seal. Refer to WSM, Section 307.
Page 1 of 4
http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirsnet/TSB/NA/Default.aspx?bookco... 3/18/2014
8. Does clutch show signs of any fluid contamination?
a. Yes - proceed to Step 9.
b. No - proceed to Step 11.
9. Determine clutch shudder repair or replacement.
a. Replacement — Dual clutch assembly must be replaced if any of the following conditions are met,
proceed to step 11.
1. Dual clutch assembly is not contaminated with any type of fluids and the RPM readings are 250
or over.
2. Dual clutch assembly is contaminated with fluid and the RPM readings are over 550.
3. Fiesta vehicles built on or before 1/12/2011.
b. Repair — If the dual clutch assembly is contaminated with transmission fluid and the RPM readings
are between 250 to 550 RPM, proceed to Step 10.
10. WARNING: BRAKE PARTS CLEANER PM-4-A IS IRRITATING TO THE SKIN, EYE AND
RESPIRATORY TRACT. THIS PRODUCT MAY CAUSE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (CNS)
DEPRESSION. ALWAYS CONSULT THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET BEFORE USE. DUE TO
THE VOLUME OF PM-4-A USED DURING THE CLEANING PROCEDURE, THE OPERATOR MUST
ENSURE ADEQUATE LOCAL VENTILATION. THE OPERATOR SHOULD WEAR AN ORGANIC
CARTRIDGE WITH PARTICLE FILTER RESPIRATOR, EYE PROTECTION (CHEMICAL GOGGLES),
NEOPRENE GLOVES, AND LONG SLEEVES. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY
RESULT IN SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY.
WARNING: Keep solvents away from ignition sources. Solvents may be flammable and can
ignite or explode if not handled correctly. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious
personal injury.
NOTE Brake Parts Cleaner PM-4-A is classified as extremely flammable.
Refer to WSM, Section 307 clutch cleaning procedure using Essential Special Service Tool 307-722.
11. Install the cleaned or new replacement dual clutch assembly. Refer to WSM, Section 307.
12. Install transmission assembly. Refer to WSM, Section 307, General Procedures, Clutch Unit Cleaning.
13. Is the clutch a new or a cleaned clutch?
a. New clutch - no further action is required.
b. Cleaned clutch - proceed to Step 14.
14. Use IDS and perform pinpoint test A or N to verify the shudder is within specification. Refer to the WSM,
Section 307.
a. If shudder is below 250 RPM - vehicle is within Specification. No further action is required
b. If shudder is over 250 RPM after the repair has been made, proceed to step 15.
15. Replace the clutch assembly. Refer to the WSM, Section 307.
a. Ford and Lincoln Dealerships need to obtain prior approval before proceeding with the installation of
a new clutch. (Figure 1)
1. Save and upload IDS session data captured when initially performing pinpoint test A in Step 2
as well as the session data from the validation in Step 14 for use in the prior approval process.
2. Proceed back to Step 11.
PART NUMBER PART NAME
BV6Z-7B546-D Dual Clutch Assembly Kit
AE8Z-7B546-D Dual Clutch Assembly Kit (Fiesta Built On Or Before 1/12/2011)
Page 2 of 4
http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirsnet/TSB/NA/Default.aspx?bookco... 3/18/2014
PART NUMBER PART NAME
AE8Z-7007-A Engine-to-Transaxle Separator Plate (Fiesta) - If Damaged
W703662-S403 Exhaust Nut (Fiesta)
2S6Z-9450-A Exhaust Gasket (Fiesta)
W709618-S442 Ball Joint Bolt (Fiesta)
W520203-S442 Ball Joint Nut (Fiesta)
W715491-S442 Ball Joint Bolt (Focus)
W520415-S442 Ball Joint Nut (Focus)
AE8Z-1S177-A Halfshaft Seal Kit (2 Req)
AE8Z-7052-C Input Shaft Seal Inner
AE8Z-7064-A Clutch-To-Hollow Input Shaft Snap Ring
AE8Z-7064-B Clutch-To-Hollow Input Shaft Snap Ring (Replace If Reusing Original Clutch)
AE8Z-7048-B Input Shaft Seal Outer
W705448-S441 Flexplate-To-Clutch Nut (2 Pkg Req)
YS4Z-3N324-AA Bearing Retainer Strap
W520102-S442 Bearing Retainer Strap Nut
9U7Z-19A506-BA Transaxle Input Shaft/Spline Lubricant
XL-2 Motorcraft® High Temperature Nickel Anti-Seize Lubricant
XT-11-QDC Motorcraft® Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid
PM-4-A Motorcraft® Metal Brake Parts Cleaner (Up to 6 Cans Req)
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
140047A 2012-2014 Focus DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save
and upload IDS session data captured, Release The Vehicle Within Expected Limits
(Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
140047A 2011-2013 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save
and upload IDS session data captured, Release The Vehicle Within Expected Limits
(Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
140047A 2014 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save and
upload IDS session data captured, Release The Vehicle Within Expected Limits (Do
Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
140047B 2012-2014 Focus DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save
and upload IDS session data captured, Replace Clutch, Includes Post Road Test (Do
Hrs.
140047B 2011-2013 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save
and upload IDS session data captured, Replace Clutch, Includes Post Road Test (Do
Hrs.
140047B 2014 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save and
upload IDS session data captured, Replace Clutch, Includes Post Road Test (Do Not
Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
140047C 2012-2014 Focus DPS6:Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save
and upload IDS session data captured, Replace Both Inner Input Shaft Seals And
Clutch, Includes Post Road Test (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
140047C 2011-2013 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save
Clutch, Includes Post Road Test (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
Page 3 of 4
140047C 2014 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A, Save and
upload IDS session data captured, Replace Both Inner Input Shaft Seals And Clutch,
Includes Post Road Test (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
Hrs.
140047D 2012-2014 Focus DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A twice,
Save and upload IDS session data captured, Replace Both Inner Input Shaft Seals
And Clean Clutch (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations Except E)
Hrs.
140047D 2011-2013 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A twice,
Save and upload IDS session data captured, Replace Both Inner Input Shaft Seals
And Clean Clutch (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations Except E)
Hrs.
140047D 2014 Fiesta DPS6: Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Perform Pinpoint Test A twice, Save
Clean Clutch (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations Except E)
Hrs.
140047E 2012-2014 Focus DPS6: Replace Clutch, This Operation Requires A Prior Approval
Code And Can Only Be Claimed With Operation D When Shudder Is Present Over
250 RPM After Clutch Cleaning. Includes Time For Prior Approval, Includes Post
Road Test (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operation Except D)
Hrs.
140047E 2011-2013 Fiesta DPS6: Replace Clutch, This Operation Requires A Prior Approval
Code And Can Only Be Claimed With Operation D When Shudder Is Present Over
250 RPM After Clutch Cleaning. Includes Time For Prior Approval, Includes Post
Road Test (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operation Except D)
Hrs.
140047E 2014 Fiesta DPS6: Replace Clutch, This Operation Requires A Prior Approval Code
And Can Only Be Claimed With Operation D When Shudder Is Present Over 250
RPM After Clutch Cleaning. Includes Time For Prior Approval, Includes Post Road
Test (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operation Except D)
Hrs.
WARRANTY STATUS
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage
limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
7B546 14
Figure 1 - 14-0047
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge,
tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or
provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not
assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin
applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan
coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of
printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available
through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.
Copyright © 2014 Ford Motor Company
Page 4 of 4

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
4791 - 2014 Escape 2014 Focus - Illumination Dimmer Setting Reverts Back To Bright
Some 2014 Escape vehicles built on or before 12/01/2013 and 2014 Focus vehicles built on or before 12/08/2013 may exhibit the illumination dimmer setting reverting back to bright after a key cycle. Engineering is currently investigating this condition through the quicker service fix (QSF) process. Until a new service procedure and/or parts are available, do not attempt repair. Monitor OASIS for updates.

http://www.vrep.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/oasis/oareq.asp?broadcast=ON&from=

·
Registered
12 Posts
This ship also started to that on water

The ships taking on water........
Had it to the dealer 2 times
But every time it rains or car wash
Surprise water in back area
Well I'm here
Mine is Black & it's the worst paint job I ever seen
The front bumper looks like it was hit with a shot gun
Wife's 7 year old suzuki looks 400 times better with twice the mileage

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Had it to the dealer 2 times
But every time it rains or car wash
Surprise water in back area
Well I'm here
Mine is Black & it's the worst paint job I ever seen
The front bumper looks like it was hit with a shot gun
Wife's 7 year old suzuki looks 400 times better with twice the mileage
i agree the paint is really fragile... [:(]

·
Registered
104 Posts
fwiw Motorweek just tested a VW and used a focus for comparison. They actually measured the paint thickness and found the Ford to be thinner than the VW

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Amen. I've come to terms that I have to live with it or repaint it later.
The AVS hood edge deflector I got not only looks really good but is very functional and seems to deflect everything away from the hood very well now. I wish I had got it from day 1.

I noticed some other paint damage on passenger door under the side view mirror. It looks like overspray from the factory, not chips actually, because it looks like little bubbles of paint with a crater in the middle. I wonder if it's covered under warranty...

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Not a TSB, per se - but at least I should finally be able to fix this with Focccus. The only problem I ever had listed out of these is the Sirius info not updating after changing stations.

2013-2014 C-MAX, Focus and Fiesta - Several Radio Issues
Some 2013-2014 C-MAX, Focus and Fiesta vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following concerns: AM/FM/Sirius radio display does not update when changing stations using presets or frequency selector, during CD operation the track info is blank and there is no information available, FM mode Autostore does not store stations in numerical order, and/or following a vehicle start-up event the radio cannot be heard until the radio on/off is cycled, volume level is adjusted or the radio station frequency is changed. To correct these conditions reprogram the Audio Control Module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 90.04 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com. For warranty claiming use causal part 19C107, and use applicable 12651D labor operations in SLTS manual Section 10 for the vehicle.

121 - 140 of 198 Posts