Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would love to have a copy. My first visit to a dealer with my transmission problems was pretty bad. They said that Ford knew they had a problem with the trans but did not have any solution yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
anyone has details about "all" or most of the tsb's for our focus? so we can look better to the problems we got? (if you cant post them here can u upload them somewhere and send a pm?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I should put my little story on here.
I bought my '13 ES brand new last year. I knew about the whole "automated manual transmission." It was actually a selling point to me. I love driving manual, but my wife likes automatics. Problems started at about 5,000 when I went on a road trip up to North Carlina. Going up those hills made my transmission sound like it had a can of pebbles in it, plus the grinding. I knew this noise was kind of normal but we decided to take it in once we got back.

When I got it to the dealership, the Ford Rep gave me the sheet that tells me all of the normal noises and all that stuff. I looked at the list and saw that all of the noises I've heard were on the list, so I thought nothing else of it. After about 8,000 miles, once the transmission has been driven a while, that grinding started turning into a grinding + shuddering, but ONLY in 2nd gear. I thought nothing of it. It got worse. At about 13,000 I said enough was enough and took it in to get checked out.

The Ford rep was very helpful and immediately recognized that it was an issue. The first step they did was a transmission relearn but that didn't help. The next step was to put in a new clutch kit. That fixed all the issues. No more grinding or shuddering. The transmission is smooth like butter. It's only been fixed for about 200 miles now, but I'm hoping its a permanent fix.

With all that being said, I still love my Focus. I knew there was a risk when I bought it, so I'm not disappointed. Ford did a great job fixing it and the costumer service was outstanding.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
What's this?!

4583 - UPDATE: Announcing Field Service Action 11A01 Supplement 3
UPDATE - Supplement Announcement: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Application Performance Upgrade 11A01 - Supplement #3 - Certain 2011 Model Year Explorer, 2011-2012 Model Year Edge, MKX, and 2012 Model Year Focus Vehicles Equipped with SYNC® with MyFord/MyLincoln TouchT Containing Early Vehicle Interface Processor (VIP) Level Software - Performance Upgrade. Refer to FMCDealer.com for details.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
What's this?!

4583 - UPDATE: Announcing Field Service Action 11A01 Supplement 3
UPDATE - Supplement Announcement: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Application Performance Upgrade 11A01 - Supplement #3 - Certain 2011 Model Year Explorer, 2011-2012 Model Year Edge, MKX, and 2012 Model Year Focus Vehicles Equipped with SYNC® with MyFord/MyLincoln TouchT Containing Early Vehicle Interface Processor (VIP) Level Software - Performance Upgrade. Refer to FMCDealer.com for details.
It's a new supplement that extends dealer required install of MFT(at no cost)for those that would still need it. Early builds of MFT with Nav, required a dealer install instead of USB. Supplement#2 expired on Feb. 1st.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
It's a new supplement that extends dealer required install of MFT(at no cost)for those that would still need it. Early builds of MFT with Nav, required a dealer install instead of USB. Supplement#2 expired on Feb. 1st.
Danke!

I guess I could have actually read it and I would've realized I already had it. >.<

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anybody had problems with the interior lights having a mind of their own??
Sometimes they come on for me and other times not. I do get the exterior flash and lights on the corners but not the overheads.
I have not been back to the dealer yet, wanted to see if others have had this problem.

Also, is the rear washer supposed to just run a stream down the window or spray??

2013 SE Hatch.
Tnx, Mike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anybody had problems with the interior lights having a mind of their own??
Sometimes they come on for me and other times not. I do get the exterior flash and lights on the corners but not the overheads.
I have not been back to the dealer yet, wanted to see if others have had this problem.

Also, is the rear washer supposed to just run a stream down the window or spray??

2013 SE Hatch.
Tnx, Mike.
On both points, I have same concerns - i have not yet been able to figure out HOW the interior dome lights are triggered - its like a secret handshake or something.
Clicking the remote unlock from outside the car, and opening drivers (or any ) door would be the expected trigger, but only occasionally does the dome tight come on! Turn the car off, take out the key ,and probably 2 times in 5, the dome light come on! WTF?
I've gone thru the manual, I've sat like an idiot in the driveway for an hour and tried all different combinations - any assistance appreciated too!

The rear washer's definitely a poor performer - a splattered stream is pretty much the norm, and you have to time the jet with the wiper to get the far left side cleaned in really soppy weather. Also , the Ford Focus hatchback is without a doubt the car with the most rear spray / splashback in soppy weather I've ever driven - its like the road salt grime just spins in a vortex behind the car and lands on the back tail - after an hour's drive down the 401 here, you truly cannot see the tail lights, the licence, or the original color of the car

·
Registered
104 Posts
Agree on rear affinity for dirt. Probably thank the rear spoiler for the accumulation of dirt and salt. But it does show that it is working.

·
Registered
198 Posts

2013 SE Hatch.
Tnx, Mike.
My biggest problem with the rear washer is that it takes too long for the stream to begin. When you have a filthy rear window (which is about always) you don't want the wiper to take a full wipe and a half before the fluid comes out. It's hard on the glass.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My biggest problem with the rear washer is that it takes too long for the stream to begin. When you have a filthy rear window (which is about always) you don't want the wiper to take a full wipe and a half before the fluid comes out. It's hard on the glass.
Well if this is the way it is going to be they could program a delay before the wiper starts so it does not just wipe sand across the glass. Just thinking out loud, almost everything is controlled by some type of computer module so it's not impossible.

Anybody know if there is some tech document that lists all of the control modules in the car with a breakdown of what they control?

My 06 never went to the dealer for work, I did most of the maint on the car and hope to do the same on this one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well if this is the way it is going to be they could program a delay before the wiper starts so it does not just wipe sand across the glass. Just thinking out loud, almost everything is controlled by some type of computer module so it's not impossible.
Yeah, a simple delay would work. Just wonder how hard it would be to implement in the design as it stands.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't they make delay timed relays? Can you just splice one of those into the power wire of the rear wiper? I'm just thinking out loud here...

101 - 120 of 198 Posts