Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Update of drive-ability after software update on DCT:
My build date is January 23 2013.

Car has a much smoother start out with minimal grinding sounds. No longer has grindings in mid shifts. Acceleration is still as usual, sport shift gears still shifting at previous points. Overall, software update did very well at quelling the issues from previous software. Shifts are continuous and no hesitation. Does not shift roughly anymore. Parking lot start and stops are alot easier and have no grind sounds. Creep forward characteristics remain unchanged and operate as they previously did. Hill start operates as previously did.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Laughable. Just what you want in a new(er) car.
Its the first for Ford used a DCT. I agree ,a little more effort shouldve been used in perfecting it. But, nothing is ever perfect, and when you bought the new tech, it would never be perfect. As an early adopter, this is always a risk and you just merely accepted it when purchasing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Its the first for Ford used a DCT. I agree ,a little more effort shouldve been used in perfecting it. But, nothing is ever perfect, and when you bought the new tech, it would never be perfect. As an early adopter, this is always a risk and you just merely accepted it when purchasing.
go ahead, keep making excuses for them. they already got your $25,000.

·
Registered
259 Posts
fYI this new technology that you speak of is going on 3rd year of production. I wish idiots around here would stop making excuses for Ford bad design. the proof is in the numbers ford ranks at the bottom of the list according to Consumer Reports. Ford sale have nose dived this past year. let's hear more of those excuses people.

·
Registered
366 Posts
fYI this new technology that you speak of is going on 3rd year of production. I wish idiots around here would stop making excuses for Ford bad design. the proof is in the numbers ford ranks at the bottom of the list according to Consumer Reports. Ford sale have nose dived this past year. let's hear more of those excuses people.
hey listen here. no need to go on flaming. Im not making excuses for ford. That 25k? Well spent to me.
3rd year of production? Please show me some real numbers on the '13-'14MY Foci with problems in relation to the transmission. It seems as if the forum is only filled with people who have problems.

BTW, who reads consumer reports?

·
Registered
149 Posts
VW has been doing the Audi-adapted DSG thing for years and those faux-automatics are far from perfect - even in the newest model vehicles.

DCT/DSG is cool in theory but flawed in execution, no matter who does it at the high-volume, consumer level. The C.A.F.E. people are happy though [hihi]

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hey guys. my build date is Oct 2012. I got my clutch/seal pack replaced in Feb 2013. For the past month, i'm hearing grinding again. It's lite but it's there. Have they put out a newer version of the clutch pack yet? When they replaced mine I'm pretty sure they used the exact same parts.

Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
hey guys. my build date is Oct 2012. I got my clutch/seal pack replaced in Feb 2013. For the past month, i'm hearing grinding again. It's lite but it's there. Have they put out a newer version of the clutch pack yet? When they replaced mine I'm pretty sure they used the exact same parts.

Thanks
If and IF there is no fluid leakage, you may try the 13-09-04 TSB.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordservicecontent.com%2Fpubs%2Fcontent%2F~WT%2F~MUS~LEN%2F3610%2Ftsb13-09-04.pdf

And so far the update has held true for me. The slight grind has gone away since yesterday and Ive yet to hear it again. Ive never had a clutch contamination issue so it may be different for you.

TSB update was performed for me under New Vehicle Warranty. If OOW, you may incur charges.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Back in Feb the update didnt work hence the dual clutch kit replacement was done . The update "helped" temporarily but then the grind came back Within a few days many times worse. So i fear the updates dont help. But looking at that document published in Sept, the dual clutch kit on there is the same one that's in my car now. :/

·
Registered
366 Posts
Back in Feb the update didnt work hence the dual clutch kit replacement was done . The update "helped" temporarily but then the grind came back Within a few days many times worse. So i fear the updates dont help. But looking at that document published in Sept, the dual clutch kit on there is the same one that's in my car now. :/
Hmm. Well if your still under the Bumper to Bumper and dont mind a little down time or time in a rental, Id say give the recent TSB a chance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Never had any of the TSB done to my 2012 focus s... 10900 miles and im getting a small shudder occassionally when going into 1st from a stand still... no leaks as far as i can tell... and everything else works as it should... should i be considering this tsb for just this occasional shudder? (No warranty so ill be paying)

Anyone else have this TSB done? Any feedback? Would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Edit: guess it was just the adaptive drive cycle after a battery reset. Runs very smoothly now!!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
INTELLIGENT ACCESS SMART UNLOCK INOPERATIVE

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN

Reference Number(s): 13-12-13, Date of Issue: November 28, 2013
FORD: 2013 C-MAX; 2013-2014 Focus; 2013-2014 Escape
ISSUE

Some 2013 C-MAX, 2013-2014 Escape and Focus vehicles equipped with Passive Entry-Passive Start (PEPS) and Intelligent Access (IA) may exhibit a customer concern of intermittent IA Smart Unlock function at the left or right front door is inoperative. This may be due to a salt, water, dirt film which has developed on internal components of the exterior front door handle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Never had any of the TSB done to my 2012 focus s... 10900 miles and im getting a small shudder occassionally when going into 1st from a stand still... no leaks as far as i can tell... and everything else works as it should... should i be considering this tsb for just this occasional shudder? (No warranty so ill be paying)

Anyone else have this TSB done? Any feedback? Would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900T using FF Mobile

Edit: guess it was just the adaptive drive cycle after a battery reset. Runs very smoothly now!!
I just had the tsb 13-09-04 done. A couple weeks ago my Focus started lugging when accelerating from a stop. It was like starting in second gear with a manual transmission. I was told the service tech said that this was normal but the service advisor told the tech this customer knows what is normal and this is outside what was normal. The tech took it for a test drive, confirmed the problem, and preformed the tsb. The tranny now has to relearn my heavy foot driving style but so far no lugging from stops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clutch contaminated

I just had the tsb 13-09-04 done. A couple weeks ago my Focus started lugging when accelerating from a stop. It was like starting in second gear with a manual transmission. I was told the service tech said that this was normal but the service advisor told the tech this customer knows what is normal and this is outside what was normal. The tech took it for a test drive, confirmed the problem, and preformed the tsb. The tranny now has to relearn my heavy foot driving style but so far no lugging from stops.
Went in for an oil change last week. Ford told me their was an seal leak. they must have done the TSB and have now ordered a clutch kit how long did you wait on parts? Ford has been good so far and put us in a rental

·
Registered
76 Posts
Went in for an oil change last week. Ford told me their was an seal leak. they must have done the TSB and have now ordered a clutch kit how long did you wait on parts? Ford has been good so far and put us in a rental
I did not have a seal leak. All they needed to do was reprogram the PCM and TCM.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
was this the first time they did this? I had the same issue 2 months after being brand new (in February 2013) . no problems with the replacement clutch kit since :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
INTELLIGENT ACCESS SMART UNLOCK INOPERATIVE

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN

Reference Number(s): 13-12-13, Date of Issue: November 28, 2013
FORD: 2013 C-MAX; 2013-2014 Focus; 2013-2014 Escape
ISSUE

Some 2013 C-MAX, 2013-2014 Escape and Focus vehicles equipped with Passive Entry-Passive Start (PEPS) and Intelligent Access (IA) may exhibit a customer concern of intermittent IA Smart Unlock function at the left or right front door is inoperative. This may be due to a salt, water, dirt film which has developed on internal components of the exterior front door handle.
[:)][:)][:)][:)] yeah. Logged on to see if it was just me, as my car seems to have a mind of its own as to when it feels like unlocking.

:edit: boooo, i can't curse.

found some diy info:
-remove door panel
-remove handle with 2-T6 screws
-wash handle components, let dry
-spray with a polymer shield, let dry
-re-assemble

81 - 100 of 198 Posts