Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
FWIW, I just dropped off my 2012 Ti at another dealership. They actually acknowledged the issue and advised that they've swapped clutches on other Focuses before.

Today, the software part is being done. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
FWIW, I just dropped off my 2012 Ti at another dealership. They actually acknowledged the issue and advised that they've swapped clutches on other Focuses before.

Just got a call from the dealership. They advised that they've gone ahead and ordered the replacement clutches. Apparently, the software fix did little/nothing. The clutches should arrive within two weeks, with another two weeks to book the appointment to do the labour, which is not a problem with me.

So far, great service from this dealership. First time visiting them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just got a call from the dealership. They advised that they've gone ahead and ordered the replacement clutches. Apparently, the software fix did little/nothing. The clutches should arrive within two weeks, with another two weeks to book the appointment to do the labour, which is not a problem with me.

That's awesome, I'm glad that things are working out [:)]

·
Registered
35 Posts

Picked up the car about an hour ago. With the new software, I think it's a bit smoother, but still not perfect.

I'm at the bottom of the waiting list of Focus + Fiesta owners awaiting new clutches at that particular dealership. I'm looking at the end of November to get it swapped. I'll provide another update then.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh btw, dropped my car off two days ago at my service dealership. Got the APIM replaced but, alas, I received notice today that my '13 had a leak. They taking the trans out and said that they will be try to be done by the weekend. No, I did not go in with the TSB, just told my service advisor the issue. My servicing dealer had been very good about taking care of the little quirks for my focus.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great news !!!

As of tonight, I do have my car back, but I wasnt the one with the seal leak. It was actually the other Mk3 in the shop. Mechanic didnt identify which one had the leak. Went in for TSB's 13-9-9, 13-09-04. Car drives so much better now. Will give it a few days and update with shifting characteristics.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Well, this looks promising?
Some 2012-2013 Fiesta and Focus vehicles may exhibit a shift grinding/scraping noise on acceleration Some 2012 - 2013 Fiesta and Focus vehicles may exhibit a grinding/scraping noise during cold ambient temperature at light acceleration or coast down between 50–20 MPH. The Workshop Manual has been updated in Section 307-01, Automatic Transmission, DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING Diagnosis By Symptom.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There have been a string of Fiesta DPS6 gearbox TSBs this month. Maybe they're finally pulling their heads out of their backsides and doing something about the grinding.

I've learned not to get my hopes up, though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Tried the 5 min Throttle response fix, did nothing, my focus SE had the exact same shifting issue you described. Took it to the dealer, they tried the re flash- did not work. Now clutch packs are on order awaiting install date. Will post results of this service once it occurs.
Hi G-Look,

Please send me a private message with your VIN, odometer reading, full name, best daytime phone number, and servicing dealer; I'll check into options.

Bianca

·
Registered
233 Posts

Hi BPEW584,

Is everything fixed on your Focus? Please send me a private message with your VIN, odometer reading, full name, best daytime phone number, and servicing dealer so I can do a little more research for you. :)

Bianca

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
61 - 80 of 198 Posts