Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Where did you get that info? I cant find any info on that tsb. Good golly... i hope we have a winner.
It was in the Dealer Connection Broadcast Message yesterday morning. But I don't have access the text of the TSBs newer than September of 2012 yet.

(In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't even be publicly publishing this information?)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
It was in the Dealer Connection Broadcast Message yesterday morning. But I don't have access the text of the TSBs newer than September of 2012 yet.

(In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't even be publicly publishing this information?)
Probably not, but the cat's out of the bag now. I used to have access to some of this information, but I don't work for that group and my access has expired since I was unable to change my password from outside their network.

I had access to whatever they published in dealer connection as well as the service manuals and all the tsb/ fsa info at that time, can't see any of it now.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I don't work for that group and my access has expired[...]
[:(]

Well, I called my dealer and asked about the TSB and he said he'd call me back. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
431 Posts
[:(]

Well, I called my dealer and asked about the TSB and he said he'd call me back. Fingers crossed!
I called my tech to make an appointment for an oil change for my ST. He said he had a software update to address the trans shudder and said he would update my wife's Ti's sw when it came in next.

The TSB does exist.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Does anyone have a list of TSB's for the 2013 Focus? Everything I'm seeing only applies to 2012's
I would also be interested in this.

I may be picking up a 2013 Ruby Red SE Hatchback tomorrow, have to see if the driver seat is comfortable, travel 100 mi/day to/from work.

We were also wondering what they will say after we give them info on the trade-in vehicle, 1006 Zx4 Ses w/184,300. miles.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Ok, I went today to my dealer to change my winter tires (I know, late) and after telling him about two episodes I experienced, he checked the car and did the TSB 13-4-6 on mine. TCM reprogramming. I also asked him to perform the TSB for the low washer fluid warning and he did it. And yes, it works ! I see now the message in the center console (of course, my whasher fluid was very law) every time I start the car. Put some fluid on it, message is gone.

What those episodes were ? Start the engine, push the acceleration but the car had almost no power to advance then a hard shift with a bump and back to almost no power. Stop the car, wait 10 seconds and restart, everything ok !

I drove it after the TSB and everything is fine. I hadn't any other problems with the DCT. And yes, I have the "grinding" sound but this is almost since 3000 km. Now, I am at 41 700 km with my 2012 FF.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Ok, I went today to my dealer to change my winter tires (I know, late) and after telling him about two episodes I experienced, he checked the car and did the TSB 13-4-6 on mine. TCM reprogramming. [. . . ]

I drove it after the TSB and everything is fine. I hadn't any other problems with the DCT. And yes, I have the "grinding" sound but this is almost since 3000 km. Now, I am at 41 700 km with my 2012 FF.
So it's still grinding, but it drives better? Or has it stopped acting up altogether?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So it's still grinding, but it drives better? Or has it stopped acting up altogether?
It is still grinding, it drives a bit better (smoother lower gear changes) but it can be everything in my mind. I will let you know in a week, after I test it better.
The DCT was not a real problem for me when I went to the dealer. I wanted only to let you know about this TSB. Maybe someone who has "bumpy" gear changes could use this TSB and talk to his dealer to perform it.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Anyone know what this guy is about?

SUPPLEMENT Announcement: Field Service Action 11A01-S2
SUPPLEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Application Performance Upgrade 11A01 Supplement #2 - Certain 2011 Model Year Explorer, 2011-2012 Model Year Edge, MKX, and 2012 Model Year Focus Vehicles Equipped with SYNC® with MyFord/MyLincoln Touch Containing Early Vehicle Interface Processor (VIP) Level Software - Performance Upgrade. REFER TO FMCDEALER.COM FOR DETAILS.

·
Registered
298 Posts

SUPPLEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Application Performance Upgrade 11A01 Supplement #2 - Certain 2011 Model Year Explorer, 2011-2012 Model Year Edge, MKX, and 2012 Model Year Focus Vehicles Equipped with SYNC® with MyFord/MyLincoln Touch Containing Early Vehicle Interface Processor (VIP) Level Software - Performance Upgrade. REFER TO FMCDEALER.COM FOR DETAILS.
Sounds like a software upgrade to me.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

It's a software update to the VIP, not MFT, for those that had to go to the dealer to get 3.0.2 installed. Those were very early 2012 builds. Mine was built in dec. 2012 and my upgrade was 11A03.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the love of God, can someone get the text of this TSB for me?

2011-2013 Fiesta and 2012-2013 Focus - DPS6 - Intermittent Transmission Clutch Shudder DPS6 Automatic Transmission
See TSB: 13-04-05 for details. 13-04-05
I had this done today. Car definitely seems smoother on low-RPM/low-gear shifts. Will report back in a week or two after transmission learning is over.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I had this done today. Car definitely seems smoother on low-RPM/low-gear shifts. Will report back in a week or two after transmission learning is over.
Thanks for the feedback, etherboy! I'll look forward to hearing any updates you have.

Crystal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, etherboy! I'll look forward to hearing any updates you have.

Crystal
So it definitely seems improved. No real shudder at low gears. Almost no hesitation. It's still not *perfect* but it's much more drivable in my eyes. Making left turns across busy traffic is not as terrifying as before, and I noticed that when I come to a stop then go to take off soon after the shudder (as if the gears didn't reset) is gone.

I would recommend this to other DCT owners, but remember: YMMV.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So it definitely seems improved. No real shudder at low gears. Almost no hesitation. It's still not *perfect* but it's much more drivable in my eyes. Making left turns across busy traffic is not as terrifying as before, and I noticed that when I come to a stop then go to take off soon after the shudder (as if the gears didn't reset) is gone.

Great news, etherboy! [thumb]

Crystal

·
Registered
39 Posts

This has been my experience as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the love of God, can someone get the text of this TSB for me?

2011-2013 Fiesta and 2012-2013 Focus - DPS6 - Intermittent Transmission Clutch Shudder DPS6 Automatic Transmission
See TSB: 13-04-05 for details. 13-04-05
Are you still looking for the text of this TSB?

21 - 40 of 198 Posts