Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
So, I did a little test on the rear hatch recall thing. Above 4-5 mph, I can push the hatch button, and nothing. Under 4mph, the hatch will unlatch. I'll get it done at some point, but I'm not too concerned.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was trying to wait until my next oil change/tire rotation to entertain the possibility of asking about the latch recall but my car had other plans yesterday afternoon. The latch on my rear driver's side door decided it was time to go. I had plans in the evening that I refused to cancel, so I've used a combination of seatbeats and cargo net to ensure the door doesn't completely fly open! Luckily I was able to contact a dealer (my previous one is now under new ownership and are not to be trusted). This new dealer not only had parts available, they are wiring on it first thing Monday morning and I will be all set to get a rental. In my temporary rage, I was browsing Autotrader, but most of the fixes with my car have been covered so I can't really complain. It's almost paid off and I might as well run it into the ground at this point.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I guess it doesn't affect many vehicles, but I thought it would be worth listing recall 17S03 here:

Recall: 17S03 – Left-Hand Underbody Apron Weld Inspection And Repair – 2016 Ford Focus & C-Max

NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V052
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components STRUCTURE
Potential Number of Units Affected 17

Improper Weld Joints on Floor Pan
Improperly welded apron joints may reduce the front-end structural integrity of the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.

Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016 Focus and C-Max vehicles.

The floor pan may have improperly welded left-hand apron joints.

Remedy
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the apron joints, repairing the vehicle, as necessary, free of charge.

The recall began March 8, 2017.

Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.

Ford’s number for this recall is 17S03.
>Source<

·
Registered
77 Posts
This affects 2+ million vehicles, most of which are probably four doors, so something like eight million latches!

There must be a good supply of these now, as the dealer asked to perform on my Focus this winter when it was in for unrelated work.

They were also able to do on our 2011 Fiesta last week.

Door latches are usually not a high demand part. and if they need to replace all four latches, that's an ass load of parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the Side Door Latch Recall 16S30 back in May and was told by dealer that parts finally came in a week or so ago, so we scheduled it and had it done yesterday (2013 SE Sedan).

Recall does say "side door latches", guess I did not think it would be both front & back doors though. Did not think to ask the service manager what all was involved but from other recent posts is sounds like it was all 4.

Doug

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Got the Side Door Latch Recall 16S30 back in May and was told by dealer that parts finally came in a week or so ago, so we scheduled it and had it done yesterday (2013 SE Sedan).

Recall does say "side door latches", guess I did not think it would be both front & back doors though. Did not think to ask the service manager what all was involved but from other recent posts is sounds like it was all 4.

Doug
It is indeed all four. They did mine when replacing the TCM under warranty. However now my car doesn't lock or activate the alarm.

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts
It is indeed all four. They did mine when replacing the TCM under warranty. However now my car doesn't lock or activate the alarm.
You need to take it back and have them fix that. I unfortunately had to have both cars fixed, and neither one had issues with the doors locking afterwards from the key fob. Though they had to download an IDS update for the stupid compliance recall for the hatch unlatching below 4 mph which kept the ST for a few extra days.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
You need to take it back and have them fix that. I unfortunately had to have both cars fixed, and neither one had issues with the doors locking afterwards from the key fob. Though they had to download an IDS update for the stupid compliance recall for the hatch unlatching below 4 mph which kept the ST for a few extra days.
Yeah... It's a little angersome because I picked it up right as Service was closing. Got home and noticed it wasn't locking. Replaced the battery in my fob... Nada. They're closed on Sunday and will have to wait till Monday to call. [facepalm]

I hear a relay clicking under the hood but no alarm and maybe one lock after hitting the button 10-15 times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I don't understand why ford would extend earlier models clutch packs and other transmission components to 7 yrs 100,000 mi. and not the later models like my early 2015 model. it has the same transmission as the early models. i have 53,000 already had clutches replaced at 44,000 so after 60,000 FORD you are making me pay the bill? this is crazy. Ford lawsuit settlement was a complete joke!! lawyers got richer consumers got nothing. well i've heard 2016 models are having shutter problems. Ford needs to extend all models warranty BE FAIR!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yeah I don't understand why ford would extend earlier models clutch packs and other transmission components to 7 yrs 100,000 mi. and not the later models like my early 2015 model. it has the same transmission as the early models. i have 53,000 already had clutches replaced at 44,000 so after 60,000 FORD you are making me pay the bill? this is crazy. Ford lawsuit settlement was a complete joke!! lawyers got richer consumers got nothing. well i've heard 2016 models are having shutter problems. Ford needs to extend all models warranty BE FAIR!!
We saw this the other 10 times you posted it. Please stop.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Anyone have any info on TSB 16-0025? Preferably the PDF but a copy and paste is fine.
ISSUE: Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.

ACTION: Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts