Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, was recamended I check in here from the racing forums to see if anyone has feedback on how the MK3 front wheel bearings hold up racing? Specifically endurance racing if anyone has data

I'm running a mk1/mk2 combo for endurance racing with super hubs, brake cooling, etc and wheel bearings like all of us is our weakest point, so I'm starting to prep to swap over to a MK3 knuckles due to larger bearings and longer axles, but wanted to confirm I'm not shoehorning ourselves into the same problem based on the assumption that the bigger bearings are "better"

·
So mote be it
8,856 Posts
I havent seen anything on the bearings/hubs being a weak point like they were on the mk1/2's. Not much racing info here for ST's specifically but check out focusst.org for more specific ST things. Their racing sections are more active. From my time on this forum and that one, i havent heard of them failing prematurely, just a normal wear item (and PITA to swap out when you do have to; knuckle needs to be pulled so you can press them out)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts