Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 535D
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a little on some of the other sub-forums about my car but I think its finally time for a build thread so that maybe I can provide to the community and answer some questions. First of all, my car is a 2012 SEL sedan in Race Red. It was obviously an automatic and I got it with about 25,000 miles on it. It has gone through a number of iterations and changes but I'll cover what it has today.
Suspension:
-Corkport Mazda3 coilovers and camber plates
-Steeda rear anti roll bar
-Whiteline lower control arm bushings
-DIY rear strut tower brace
Brakes:
-Volvo C70 front calipers and rotors
-StopTech street pads
-DOT 5.1 fluid
Engine:
-Toms Tune
-OBX header with 3" collector
-AEM Filter
-Custom full 3" exhaust
Transmission:
-MTX75 manual swap
-Team Mfactory LSD
-Steeda short throw shifter bracket
-Solid shifter bushings
-Solid shifter cable bushings

This setup is fun but having gotten into other cars I realize that it is very slow. Until you get into a big turbo ST or and RS, I would consider the MK3 focus to be very slow. This leads us onto the current project for this car: a built motor.

·
Registered
2016 535D
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had been wanting to build a motor for this car ever since I started browsing the Esslinger catalog for duratecs. I am still in the parts procurement process for this but I think I'm getting close enough to give an update on where things are.
The components you see are all forged. The crank is for a 2009+ NC miata and was keyed by MassiveSpeedSystems. The rods are Manley H-beam and also for an NC miata. Finally, the pistons are Esslinger's custom design for the 2.0 Ti-VCT engine, made by JE pistons. Not pictured is the ARP main studs, Crower valve springs, and other goodies I have for this engine. As for the power adder to make use of all this, I'm going to do something a little controversial initially...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see how much you horsepower you can get out of the little engine. Are you planning on staying NA?

·
Registered
2016 535D
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see how much you horsepower you can get out of the little engine. Are you planning on staying NA?
Take a good look at that last picture again. By "NA" do you mean "nitrous assisted"? That's a direct port wet kit capable of about a 250 shot with the biggest jets. Also, I should have mentioned this before but the pistons are 10.5:1 compression; not exactly ideal for big naturally aspirated power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take a good look at that last picture again. By "NA" do you mean "nitrous assisted"? That's a direct port wet kit capable of about a 250 shot with the biggest jets. Also, I should have mentioned this before but the pistons are 10.5:1 compression; not exactly ideal for big naturally aspirated power.
I wish!? Honestly, I'm not very familiar with nitrous. Very curious as to how much power you'll be making though.

·
Registered
2016 535D
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made quite a bit of progress since I've been forced to stay home so much lately. Here is some pictures for you all to enjoy.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

·
Registered
2005, Ford Focus ZX3
4 Posts
They are 18" fusion wheels.

Stage? No stages here, it's a custom twin disk from clutch masters.
Thanks. I have made three decisions regarding my car.
  1. spoke to muffler guy today, he said get new rear bumper in place And he make the muffler fit properly
  2. getting 4x108 to 5x108 lug adapter so I have access to wider range of rims and styles
  3. order the body kit for my car, should get it by May 29th.
Next stop the body shop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts