Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 535D
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a little on some of the other sub-forums about my car but I think its finally time for a build thread so that maybe I can provide to the community and answer some questions. First of all, my car is a 2012 SEL sedan in Race Red. It was obviously an automatic and I got it with about 25,000 miles on it. It has gone through a number of iterations and changes but I'll cover what it has today.
Suspension:
-Corkport Mazda3 coilovers and camber plates
-Steeda rear anti roll bar
-Whiteline lower control arm bushings
-DIY rear strut tower brace
Brakes:
-Volvo C70 front calipers and rotors
-StopTech street pads
-DOT 5.1 fluid
Engine:
-Toms Tune
-OBX header with 3" collector
-AEM Filter
-Custom full 3" exhaust
Transmission:
-MTX75 manual swap
-Team Mfactory LSD
-Steeda short throw shifter bracket
-Solid shifter bushings
-Solid shifter cable bushings

This setup is fun but having gotten into other cars I realize that it is very slow. Until you get into a big turbo ST or and RS, I would consider the MK3 focus to be very slow. This leads us onto the current project for this car: a built motor.

·
Registered
2016 535D
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had been wanting to build a motor for this car ever since I started browsing the Esslinger catalog for duratecs. I am still in the parts procurement process for this but I think I'm getting close enough to give an update on where things are.
The components you see are all forged. The crank is for a 2009+ NC miata and was keyed by MassiveSpeedSystems. The rods are Manley H-beam and also for an NC miata. Finally, the pistons are Esslinger's custom design for the 2.0 Ti-VCT engine, made by JE pistons. Not pictured is the ARP main studs, Crower valve springs, and other goodies I have for this engine. As for the power adder to make use of all this, I'm going to do something a little controversial initially...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see how much you horsepower you can get out of the little engine. Are you planning on staying NA?

·
Registered
2016 535D
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see how much you horsepower you can get out of the little engine. Are you planning on staying NA?
Take a good look at that last picture again. By "NA" do you mean "nitrous assisted"? That's a direct port wet kit capable of about a 250 shot with the biggest jets. Also, I should have mentioned this before but the pistons are 10.5:1 compression; not exactly ideal for big naturally aspirated power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take a good look at that last picture again. By "NA" do you mean "nitrous assisted"? That's a direct port wet kit capable of about a 250 shot with the biggest jets. Also, I should have mentioned this before but the pistons are 10.5:1 compression; not exactly ideal for big naturally aspirated power.
I wish!😏 Honestly, I'm not very familiar with nitrous. Very curious as to how much power you'll be making though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts