Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
Stupid question actually, but Tom, using your tune, can you also modify anything that be adjusted using foccus software, such as selecting HID/Alternate lowbeam, and/or turning off DRL's?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
For the S model guys, is there a way to turn of traction control with the tuner?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
For the S model guys, is there a way to turn of traction control with the tuner?
Disconnecting ABS wheel sensors would do the trick[grinking]

Anti-lock brake systems. Traction control. Electronic stability control. None of them could exist without wheel speed sensors. Even variable assist power steering rely in part on information from the wheel speed sensors.
But you don't need that right...?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I live in Michigan and get tons of snow in the winter. I'd really like to be able to just turn off my traction control without compromising the other features...

Reactions: ELCouz

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Well that's overly complicated lol.
I may wind up taking the issue to my local dealership. They're pretty good about installing upgrade stuff.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Dang Chalupa, wish I could remember the T/C disable info. for yours beyond the fuse rewiring to add an off switch for ABS as a whole.

That was the first trick posted here, but I know there was a better way posted later.

ElCouz may have it there, don't remember the details but it WAS found to be possible to add. (only '12 S didn't have the capability)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I did see some of the threads regarding that and I really don't like the idea of turning off abs and everything else with it just to get tcs off.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'm telling you, man, you're a walking focus encyclopedia lol!
When no one else has the answer you've got it!

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Had to use search, it's been a while since chatting there - forgot I was involved in that one for a stickie and questions.

MkIII Interior Mods seemed a good place to leave it for easier searching and a good fit.

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
I'm telling you, man, you're a walking focus encyclopedia lol!
When no one else has the answer you've got it!

Thank you!
+1 Give the man some rep points, never fails to help anyone! [hihi]

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's the one not figured out yet afaik, without turning off the ABS system entirely.

I wouldn't mind doing it that way, both can use a switch off once they've done their warning job in some Winter conditions. T/C can prevent movement, and ABS can extend braking distances too far depending on conditions.

Often useful as well, better on for normal use.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts