Votes: 233 74.0%
  • I would not recommend a Focus to a friend

Votes: 68 21.6%

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
2012 focus 49k miles. Passenger motor went out. Only other issue was the 5spd manual losing power, got the PCM/TCM flash last week, hoping that fixes issue. Other than that great little car. Although my 08 had zero problems in 7 years with 112k when it was traded in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Update now that I have over 130k. DCT had a hiccup once. Fixed itself and I had a Reflash. That was all within the last 3 months. Having the ?battery low? warning due to a bad ground but it?s rarely ever a problem. Headaches from the tpms. Other than that I still enjoy it as a daily.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Update now that I have over 130k. DCT had a hiccup once. Fixed itself and I had a Reflash. That was all within the last 3 months. Having the ?battery low? warning due to a bad ground but it?s rarely ever a problem. Headaches from the tpms. Other than that I still enjoy it as a daily.

Definitely having my TPMS acting up today. The cooler weather makes it go haywire, it seems. Dealer said nothing was wrong with them same time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Traded my 14 in for a 18. Very pleased with both. Had 130000 miles on the 14. Only issues were AC clutch went out and was starting to shudder more.

·
Registered
533 Posts
140K miles. Had radiator replaced due to leak and steering rack failed at about 120K. About $2500. However, I do love this car. I got the manual and have modded it to suit my needs. I would like to get another car but then I drive it and smile. Still driving 760 miles a week to work and back. Just changed the plugs and it is running as good as ever.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think I've reached my breaking point. Our 2013 Titanium Hatch shed the DCT clutches, for the third time in 53k, and TCM 1000 miles from home. My wife was visiting her sick mother and stranded her and her aunt and cousin.

We were excited with the Focus when we bought it. It was a mistake. I buy vehicles with the plan to keep them and I can't trust the Focus. It's a shame. Good luck to you folks who have had a good experience with your vehicles.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. I would jump too.
Today I had my Sync Voice Activation crap out on me. I stopped for gas and when I started it back up I couldn't get "bluetooth audio" to work. It kept disconnecting. I could play USB but only with manual activation. The system kept thinking I wasn't saying anything when I screamed "BLUETOOOOOOTH AUDIOOOOOOO"! LOL!
Anyone hear of this?

Pulled the fuse (#67, second row from the left, third one down under the glove box in my 2012 SE Hatch). It worked.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I bought my 15' sedan ecoboost because a friend of mine purchased one a few months before I did. I was at first concerned about the power of the 3 cylinder and he assured me that it had enough power to pull up hills in 6th gear, which I was skeptical.

I love the twin disc clutch, had a little under 5k miles during hard 2nd gear shifts, but that has not happened since. Either I learned how to shift the twin disc, or it balanced out. Probably the later.
I thought the transmission choices for the 1.0 liter Ecoboost 3-cylinder (in the USA) were either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with a conventional torque converter, but no dual-clutch automatic. [scratch]

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I bought my 15' sedan ecoboost because a friend of mine purchased one a few months before I did. I was at first concerned about the power of the 3cylinder and he assured me that it had enough power to pull up hills in 6th gear, which I was skeptical.

During my test drive everything he said was true. I traded in my 02vette for my focus so I knew off rip that the focus would be slow (5 seconds roughly slower in the quarter mile)

But the car has really impressed me, the amount of sound deadening in the car compared to say 15' corolla really impressed me. If it wasn't for my subwoofer in the trunk nothing in my car would rattle( only 3 things in my car make noise, 1. The dome light tends to rattle on certain bass notes, 2. License plate(easy fix, but just saying) 3. There are vents in the trunk that allow air to exit the vehicle, I can hear them opening and shutting when outside the car and radio on. It's not loud, but I can hear it and it annoys me.)

The car handles really well at high speed, cornering etc. surprisingly smooth ride. Speed bumps could be a bit smoother, but I would rather have a slightly tighter suspension anyways and that's the downside.

My car has 205 width tires, my friends '14 jetta with the 1.8 turbo only has 195's. So we come equipped with good rubber(I dislike the stock brand tires, but the size is what I am talking about)

I honestly have not been so happy about a purchase of a vehicle in my entire life, even with all my sports cars. This car might not be speedy , but it is a very good car so far.

Bought dec. 13th, 2015 and have almost 18k miles on the car so far. 2 oil changes and I need to do a 3rd, Replaced stock air filter with stock replacement k&n shortly after buying the car.

No smoke, no leaks, no crazy noises. Used the car up to a few months ago to deliver pizza's, not a easy life for a car. Lots of bumps, speed bumps. Stop and go, and hard driving. Car has been flawless. A/c is ice cold, blows like a hurricane on 4.

I love the twin disc clutch, had a little flutter under 5k miles during hard 2nd gear shifts, but that has not happened since. Either I learned how to shift the twin disc, or it balanced out. Probably the later.

downside, body panel gaps have changed, some tightr, some wider. Nothing to cause damage, just something I noticed. My back seat when pulled up should not have exposed foam.... I have seen a picture of one that was covered. Not sure if that was the titanium edition or what. But they should have all been wrapped up.
I thought the transmission choices for the 1.0 liter Ecoboost 3-cylinder (in the USA) were either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with a conventional torque converter, but no dual-clutch automatic. [scratch]
The 15MY Ford Focus EcoBoost 1.0L used an IB6 manual transmission only with a single plate clutch. Not sure where they get the idea that they had a twin plate clutch, but it does have a version of the same transmission of the Fiesta ST and Fusion 1.6L EcoBoost (2013-2014)

·
Registered
179 Posts
"Met expectations" can be misleading, if your expectations were not particularly high. :p :D

I experienced "some" problems. Like major car-crippling ones, within weeks of owning the car. No matter how much the rest of it met expectations, it would be difficult to recommend the car to a friend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my 2013 Ford Focus SE Sedan overall. Excellent on gas, gets up and goes when you want to, overall good looking car inside and out. Alot of people gripe about Fords PowerShift transmission to, but what I dislike the most is the crappy paint and my 17 inch rims peeling?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Alot of people gripe about Fords PowerShift transmission to, but what I dislike the most is the crappy paint and my 17 inch rims peeling?
Yeah, go figure. People seem to think that having their transmission worked on 3-4 times before the original powertrain warranty ran out is a bigger deal than paint on their wheels.

I'm guessing you either have a manual (which, hey, we all wish we had), you haven't had issues with your DPS6 (just wait!) or you have some really weird priorities.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought mine with 63,000 miles used with DPS6 its been good car so far Ive put almost 50,000 miles on it with no problems. Its has had a lot of rock chips, and rims are peeling bad. Point is even tho im lucky so far with the tranny I havent been at all with the paint and rims. Weird priorities? Lol. Usually the first thing a person looks at is the paint and rims on a car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, the paint on mine is pretty good. I have a door ding in a rear door, and a crack in the paint near the rear wheel well. I h ave 18" "snowflake" rims which look pretty good. Maybe those things were fixed, I haven't owned the car for that long yet. There is a little peeling paint next the the trim on the hatch, which the dealership has promised to fix for me next time I bring it in. They'll probably hit it with a touch-up pen, since it's tiny, just a little fleck, but they gave me a paint and dent warranty because of the problems that I had when I bought the car, so I'm going to hold them to it.

The interior is also in good condition. There is some weird wear on the headliner near the left A pillar, but the rest of it looks good. The interior panel fit and finish is acceptable, and I have no weird rattles, which I actually kind of expected, since I've seen (heard?) them in almost every Ford I've been in that's more than 6-7 years old.

What I did find unforgivable is a fault that can leave me stranded or unable to get to work. This is utterly and completely unacceptable to me, particularly given that I bought the car in order to have reliable transportation to get to work, as the risk factor for my previous car was becoming unacceptable for the daily commute, but I'm financially stuck with this time bomb until it either fails or I get it paid off, and can then go shopping for something better. My hope had been to be able to save for a while before I go car shopping again, but the risk of being unable to get to work will remain too high, as I know all too well how suddenly the car can decide to completely fail with the current laws, since it's already done it to me, and next time, Ford isn't going to pay for the rental car to get me to work while it gets fixed.

How can I possibly recommend a car that has catastrophic failure in its likely outcomes? How can I possibly trust a company that put this POS out for sale?

·
Registered
937 Posts
120K+ miles and it's been reliable as hell. The paint and leather interior still look close to new with little care over the years. Still a blast to drive.

Really a shame that Ford took a dump with the DCT, bc otherwise these were good cars for the money.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts