• I would not recommend a Focus to a friend

Votes: 68 21.6%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I honestly feel trapped with my car.

1) I get random park assist not working .... when I am just driving down the road, not even using it.
2) Parking sensors are always randomly chirping at me. I don't mind it now, but going down the highway it is weird.
2) The $5000 DCT gearbox replacement. I seriously advise you to get a warranty (and not one of the phone scam ones!)
3) The squeaky noise of the suspension and 'rattle' noises from it.
4) The car on the new DCT is more predictable, but I still get the occasional lack of engagement when coming to a stop then pulling away quickly.

Also, around town and on my commute, on my new gearbox I am only getting 24 to 25 mpg, on the old one I was getting 28+. I will say that this car is an excellent long distance car though, 43mpg average on a run to upstate new york (180 miles).

If it wasn't for the massive depreciation on this car, and the $5000 dollars in a loan I had to take and still paying off, I would trade this car in for something else.... something manual.

·
Registered
938 Posts
My expectations for a low-priced (2nd owner) car were not high. Other than a slightly annoying passenger seat rattle, I have no real complaints. The 5spd and handling make it fun enough when I want to toss it around, it's smooth/comfortable at hwy speeds and I'm getting ~36 mpg. So far, so good.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I honestly think I would have been a lot happier with a manual transmission. Not because of my replacement box saga, but because I feel it would be a much more engaging experience and got the best of the car. The DCT just doesn't do it justice IMO.

It is also relatively capable as a load car, even with the uprated suspension on the titanium.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought my 15' sedan ecoboost because a friend of mine purchased one a few months before I did. I was at first concerned about the power of the 3cylinder and he assured me that it had enough power to pull up hills in 6th gear, which I was skeptical.

During my test drive everything he said was true. I traded in my 02vette for my focus so I knew off rip that the focus would be slow (5 seconds roughly slower in the quarter mile)

But the car has really impressed me, the amount of sound deadening in the car compared to say 15' corolla really impressed me. If it wasn't for my subwoofer in the trunk nothing in my car would rattle( only 3 things in my car make noise, 1. The dome light tends to rattle on certain bass notes, 2. License plate(easy fix, but just saying) 3. There are vents in the trunk that allow air to exit the vehicle, I can hear them opening and shutting when outside the car and radio on. It's not loud, but I can hear it and it annoys me.)

The car handles really well at high speed, cornering etc. surprisingly smooth ride. Speed bumps could be a bit smoother, but I would rather have a slightly tighter suspension anyways and that's the downside.

My car has 205 width tires, my friends '14 jetta with the 1.8 turbo only has 195's. So we come equipped with good rubber(I dislike the stock brand tires, but the size is what I am talking about)

I honestly have not been so happy about a purchase of a vehicle in my entire life, even with all my sports cars. This car might not be speedy , but it is a very good car so far.

Bought dec. 13th, 2015 and have almost 18k miles on the car so far. 2 oil changes and I need to do a 3rd, Replaced stock air filter with stock replacement k&n shortly after buying the car.

No smoke, no leaks, no crazy noises. Used the car up to a few months ago to deliver pizza's, not a easy life for a car. Lots of bumps, speed bumps. Stop and go, and hard driving. Car has been flawless. A/c is ice cold, blows like a hurricane on 4.

I love the twin disc clutch, had a little flutter under 5k miles during hard 2nd gear shifts, but that has not happened since. Either I learned how to shift the twin disc, or it balanced out. Probably the later.

downside, body panel gaps have changed, some tightr, some wider. Nothing to cause damage, just something I noticed. My back seat when pulled up should not have exposed foam.... I have seen a picture of one that was covered. Not sure if that was the titanium edition or what. But they should have all been wrapped up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So you have the six speed manual? I've been wanting to test drive the EB auto as its not a DCT. Haven't heard much about it, which could be a good thing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
MK3 Owner Quality & Ownership Survey

So you have the six speed manual? I've been wanting to test drive the EB auto as its not a DCT. Haven't heard much about it, which could be a good thing.

If you come to Denmark you can try mine ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Haven't been to Denmark since 04. Absolutely love Denmark. CPH is a beautiful city and spent a month on Bornholm.

Maybe it has changed, but imo cph is full of trash and homeless ppl.. Bornholm is very nice and popular. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Maybe it has changed, but imo cph is full of trash and homeless ppl.. Bornholm is very nice and popular. :)

I can't even tell you where I was in CPH it's been so long. I liked it better than a lot of American cities. My mother actually lived in Allinge-Sandvig up by Hammershus absolutely beautiful island. She lives over outside of CPH now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
ya I have the six speed, one of the reasons I was interested in the car was that it ONLY came with a manual. The auto they have put on the 1.0 I have heard was a regular old school automatic, so you wont hear anything about that till 100+k miles. I really don't care for automatics so I do not research any of them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Already 60 percent experienced some defects. That is not a very good number . Yes I know the numbers are still early but.....
my wifes 2013 Ti HB
i think my last 4 new cars all had some defects of some kind, ive been fortunate with the dct so far ,minor shudder from time to time & some MFT issues in the beginning

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Best cars bought new only had a single warranty repair myself.....

Troublesome is an inch high stack of repair receipts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New car

So far I am happy with my 15SE fit and finish on the trim is a little wanting but expected for the price point. I had to take it in for brake noise at 100miles but I attribute that to the fact that it sat on the lot so long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2012 ford Focus... I put a lot of miles on my car and I loved it, but have had repeated problems with the Backup assist. its dead right now. And The Tcm went out on mine. When they repaired it they said it shuddered and chattered so now I need seals and a clutch.... Not so in love with it at the moment :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
2013 Focus 2.0 TDCi (163HP)

I've got powershift gearbox leaking transmission fluid problem
at 40000KM(Fixed under warranty at 60000KM), It's a 6DCT450 wet-clutch type DCT

then when mileage reached 85000KM my thermostat not working properly
replaced under warranty.

Now my mileage reached 105000KM , hope my focus will live like working horse [wiggle]

121 - 140 of 165 Posts