Votes: 233 74.0%
  • I would not recommend a Focus to a friend

Votes: 68 21.6%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I haven't had any major issues yet[. . .] The big deal is when I step on it and nothing happens or the engine only revs and does nothing else.
wut [scratch]

Last week my lock door button didn't work in the afternoon, but after that day it didn't happen again. Also, my washer fluid low indicator is non-existant.
There are TSBs for both of these. If you're still under warranty you can ask your dealership.

·
Registered
185 Posts
wut [scratch]

This happens only once every 2-3 months and the dealership I'm sure will not be able to replicate it.

There are TSBs for both of these. If you're still under warranty you can ask your dealership.
The only TSB I saw regarding the locks had to do with the intelligent access. My trouble was physically pressing the lock button on the dash. It didn't do anything which was weird. But never happened again. I'll mention it during my next oil change and rotation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One year of ownership just passed; 12.5k miles very gently driven. The car is extremely comfortable, handles well, is a little underpowered IMO, gets the mileage I expected. No MFT/SYNC issues other than some difficulty with commands (that is probably more me than the system). Service issues included a realignment of the hatch, and replacement of the steering rack, strut bearings, struts and left axle. No problems with the dealer; they have been ok with the warranty work. Not a stellar start dependability wise, but the last new car I owned was a 1.8t VW Jetta wagon that after a rocky start with numerous issues fixed under warranty went on to deliver 206k miles of reliable, fun service. I'm hoping for the same from the Focus.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Three full years gone on my 2012 Focus SE sport package manual tranny.
Never a single problem.
Took it in for two recall things at same time: One was for wiper assembly which I did not need it done. The second was for some engine management software update. Took about one hour. I waited. No cost, no problem.

I got about 32 mpg over the life of the car.
Paint Yellow Blaze, perfect, only one tiny paint chip on front bottom bumper.
I still love my car.
I am torn over buying a new ST. I like my old SE a LOT. [driving]

If I like my ordered ST as much as my SE, I will be very happy.
(I just ordered it this past weekend. So I have a long wait..My guess is 8 to 10 weeks And yes the order was accepted by Ford for a 2014 ST)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Best wishes with your new ride! Sounds like whoever gets your '12 will have a nice car - hope you got a good trade in on it if you went that route.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Three full years gone on my 2012 Focus SE sport package manual tranny.
Never a single problem.
Took it in for two recall things at same time: One was for wiper assembly which I did not need it done. The second was for some engine management software update. Took about one hour. I waited. No cost, no problem.

I got about 32 mpg over the life of the car.
Paint Yellow Blaze, perfect, only one tiny paint chip on front bottom bumper.
I still love my car.
I am torn over buying a new ST. I like my old SE a LOT. [driving]

If I like my ordered ST as much as my SE, I will be very happy.
(I just ordered it this past weekend. So I have a long wait..My guess is 8 to 10 weeks And yes the order was accepted by Ford for a 2014 ST)
How much for your SE? I might be interested.

·
Registered
368 Posts
About three weeks ago I bought a pre-owned 2013 SE Hatchback with 33,000 miles on the odometer (it had been a rental). I've put on about another thousand miles or so, and I've had zero problems with it, including no issues with the transmission.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
56k Miles and only problem was the inserts by the rear window melted, I just cut out some black foam blocks and it fixed it perfectly. Other than that just standard TSB of the wiper assembly. The car drives amazingly and gets great gas mileage even when driven hard and with some power mods.

·
Registered
123 Posts
6300 miles on '14 se hatchback and other than the occasional slight shudder (had to learn to be easy on the gas from a stop) I really love this car, very smooth & quite, nice sporty feel to it.... kinda wish I bought the manual, but only because my last car was standard...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I love my car I have right around 2000 miles on it. I've had 3 issues with it though.
1) From the moment I got it, it has had this weird smell in it. I'm going to see if I can get my detail guy to get it out. It's not bad, just weird.
2) When I first got it, it was sluggish...I put 91 octane in it and presto, it was happy and with the increased MGP I gained the cost is a wash.
3) I noticed the other day that the rear passenger side upholstery is coming away from the back of the seat. It's like the leather bead popped out. I can't push it back in with my fingers. I will try something else and if I can't fix it I will take it to the dealership.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I love my car I have right around 2000 miles on it. I've had 3 issues with it though.
1) From the moment I got it, it has had this weird smell in it. I'm going to see if I can get my detail guy to get it out. It's not bad, just weird.
2) When I first got it, it was sluggish...I put 91 octane in it and presto, it was happy and with the increased MGP I gained the cost is a wash.
3) I noticed the other day that the rear passenger side upholstery is coming away from the back of the seat. It's like the leather bead popped out. I can't push it back in with my fingers. I will try something else and if I can't fix it I will take it to the dealership.
I currently have a 2013 SE Hatch with cloth interior and it has no smell. I previously had a 2012 SE Hatch with full leather and it had a weird smell especially when it got warm.

You could just be smelling the leather.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I currently have a 2013 SE Hatch with cloth interior and it has no smell. I previously had a 2012 SE Hatch with full leather and it had a weird smell especially when it got warm.

You could just be smelling the leather.
Yeah it's definitely the leather, I'm not sure if there's a way to get rid of it or not. I'm not big on the pine tree hanging from my rear view look.

One other thing to add to my dislikes about the car:

I have the over head compartment to hold sunglasses and in the heat of direct sunlight it melted the mirror finish on my aviators...thankfully they were still under warranty. I wont be putting them in there again, jesus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New owner of a 2013 SE Hatch, here. The car is far exceeding my expectations so far.

Only complaints are the shuddering DCT and Ford Sync not always recognizing my commands. I'm taking it in to the dealer in a couple weeks to get the DCT looked at.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wife bought herself a '14 Focus hatchback back in Feburary of this yr, loved it so much that I bought myself a '14 hatchback too! Only thing we experienced was some minor issues which the dealer corrected. Dome light, squeak in drivers seat and a plastic trim that was replaced in the rear trunk... The wifes DCT stutters on occasion, but not enough to spill our coffee or complain about. Mine does not at all. We are both impressed by the overall quaility, ride, handling. It feels like a solid car. The cruise control is by far the best feature so far... I really love my car and can't wait to go on our cross country road trip next spring....

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
New owner of a 2013 SE Hatch, here. The car is far exceeding my expectations so far.

Only complaints are the shuddering DCT and Ford Sync not always recognizing my commands. I'm taking it in to the dealer in a couple weeks to get the DCT looked at.
Congrats!!!

I can look into some additional assistance about the shuddering, and our Ford IVT Team can help you with SYNC.

I'll need your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location sent via PM once you have an appointment set up. If you message our IVT team, they'll be able to let you know what they need.

Meagan

·
Registered
123 Posts
We're going to have to get my wife's Focus checked out as well. As soon as we drive around for a short time, running errands for example, it stutters bad thru first & second gear. Its fine on short trips, but as soon as we do any kind of stop & go, it stutters. Its almost like if the clutch thinks its overheating & it starts to slip or something.... Really sad because other than that, the car is very enjoyable...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats!!!

I can look into some additional assistance about the shuddering, and our Ford IVT Team can help you with SYNC.

I'll need your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location sent via PM once you have an appointment set up. If you message our IVT team, they'll be able to let you know what they need.

Meagan
Awesome! Thanks.

Sending that over now.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
We're going to have to get my wife's Focus checked out as well. As soon as we drive around for a short time, running errands for example, it stutters bad thru first & second gear. Its fine on short trips, but as soon as we do any kind of stop & go, it stutters. Its almost like if the clutch thinks its overheating & it starts to slip or something.... Really sad because other than that, the car is very enjoyable...
My offer's open to you too. :) If you'd like me to look into this, please PM me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Awesome! Thanks.

Sending that over now.
Got it! :)

Meagan

81 - 100 of 165 Posts