Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi bros,

I'm now wonder replace the clutch & flywheel for my mtx75 box which in focus mk3 2012,but I'm not sure if the ST mmt6 clutch kit is suit for mtx75,if it is right for mtx75,I even think about to replace the racing ST kit to mtx75 for a strengthening.

-------------------------

mk3 comes with mtx75 box

st comes with mmt6 box

I checked both mtx75 & mmt6 have the same size flywheel and friction disc,but not sure for the clutch pressure cover and release bearing.

if they are the same or similar,I think we can do a lot for mtx75

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi bros,

I'm now wonder replace the clutch & flywheel for my mtx75 box which in focus mk3 2012,but I'm not sure if the ST mmt6 clutch kit is suit for mtx75,if it is right for mtx75,I even think about to replace the racing ST kit to mtx75 for a strengthening.

-------------------------

mk3 comes with mtx75 box

st comes with mmt6 box

I checked both mtx75 & mmt6 have the same size flywheel and friction disc,but not sure for the clutch pressure cover and release bearing.

if they are the same or similar,I think we can do a lot for mtx75
Yes, MMT6 clutch works with MTX75, I'm running on mine.

I'm running the Focus stock dualmass flywheel and a ST MMT6 clutch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If there is a way to upgrade to higher power handling clutch. I would like to know more.........Would be nice if HD 6speed trans clutch parts were a direct bolt in. I would be all over that when I need to replace my clutch.

Am I correct you can get a 6 speed trans in a 3 cyl. Ecoboost, RS, or ST, but not with the Duratech? So upgrade parts can come from a ST 3rd gen?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I have thought it would be nice to actually put a 6speed trans in my 16 Duratech........
Yea it'd be cool to do, but not really cost effective vs doing other mods that'd make a difference.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts