Master Cylinder
Pedals (all of them)
Clutch pedal switches
Clutch system hyd lines from brake master to clutch master to slave cylinder
Trans bracket for DSMM
Engine Harness
Engine bay (Fuse box harness)
PCM

BCM and dash harness should also be changed (but may not be totally necessary) still haven't tested that yet.

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I got yall thanks for the lists. I havent posted really. Just been trying to get the parts slowly and as least expensive e as I can. Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Semi. I suspect that I will become more active as I just got another Focus. I'll update my profile to match this change soon

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Nice! Good work!

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
You DO NOT have to change the PCM/ECU to do the trans swap

Tom
if the customer wants to by a device and be tuned, no however if they want a stock manual swap, Yes you do. And having a donor car that has all the components makes it just that much easier...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Just got a swap up and running properly with tom's help. Here is an excel document with part numbers and prices. If you are already tuned then you can definitely swap a car for less than $1k.
What wiring did you add in?

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just got a swap up and running properly with tom's help. Here is an excel document with part numbers and prices. If you are already tuned then you can definitely swap a car for less than $1k.
What wiring did you add in?

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
What do you mean, "added in wiring"?

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's with you doing it yourself, though, right?

What are the hours needed to do this, assuming a shop with all the equipment and a competent mechanic (ie. taking it to a pro)? I don't have the experience, space, equipment, or time - or a friend with any of these - to do it myself.

I'm planning for the day when my DCT is out of warranty and I'm looking at $1500-2000 to "fix" it. Since you can't really fix the DCT - just get it to limp along for another 12-15k miles before it craps out again, I'd rather spend that money on a manual swap (the DCT is my first "automatic" and I'd miss a manual even if the DCT didn't suck).

This is the first car I bought new and even throwing $2k for another 5 years of life makes more sense (to me) than selling it with a wonky DCT and taking a huge loss.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
What do you mean, "added in wiring"?
Clutch safety switch, cruise cancellation switch wiring

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's with you doing it yourself, though, right?

What are the hours needed to do this, assuming a shop with all the equipment and a competent mechanic (ie. taking it to a pro)? I don't have the experience, space, equipment, or time - or a friend with any of these - to do it myself.

I'm planning for the day when my DCT is out of warranty and I'm looking at $1500-2000 to "fix" it. Since you can't really fix the DCT - just get it to limp along for another 12-15k miles before it craps out again, I'd rather spend that money on a manual swap (the DCT is my first "automatic" and I'd miss a manual even if the DCT didn't suck).

This is the first car I bought new and even throwing $2k for another 5 years of life makes more sense (to me) than selling it with a wonky DCT and taking a huge loss.
Welcome to the mk3 life. You are going to take a huge loss on it. If you aren't already tuned, then the cost is another $466 for Tom's Tune. This is not a swap for someone looking to just have a manual car; you should just trade it. The way I did the swap was the cheap way and I did so knowing I would lose some minor functionality at least temporarily. If you do not have the money, tools, time, or knowledge, in my opinion, you should not be modifying your car.

The swap took me and a friend about 18 hours to complete. We are neither professional mechanics but we both have plenty of mechanical experience.

If you do insist on the swap, then Rebel Devil would be happy to take your money from you but it is not anywhere near the price I paid.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Clutch safety switch was removed and ground out. Still working on the cruise.
Clutch safety removed? That's not to smart... also voids any selling of your car to anyone.... as you would be liable if the next owner hit anything or anyone... do it right or don't do it at all

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

101 - 120 of 171 Posts