Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
wow, good job & thx for the info... I bought a brand new 2014 Focus se hatchback with the auto/manual trans. I shopped around online and it appears that most of the parts to do the conversion arent too expensive.. I plan on doing a conversion on mine later down the road, but along the way, I'll buy a part here and a part there...

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'll do a post on it soon but I got all the console parts from a bone yard (except the ebrake lever that was a new take off) it all goes together easy but you DO need the bracket off of the base of the newer level console. Had to wait an extra couple of days for the junkyard to send it to me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Really great work!!! Pretty impressive man. Autotragic transmissions on such small cars don't make sense to me anyway.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Okay I might have to try this soon. We will see in the near future

·
Registered
3 Posts
So amazingly cool that you were successful with this swap

I am extremely interested now in that parts list as well as more details regarding the swap and especially the tune!...

Definitely keeping this swap in mind if/when my DCT gives out

On behalf of the Mk3 community, thank you sir!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Simply awesome! Great work and thank you for posting. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this for further updates! I'm so envious...

·
Registered
106 Posts
This makes me feel like an idiot having succeeded only after THREE attempts to swap a World-Class T5 into my old Mercury Capri (Mustang) in place of the C3 Automatic.

The clutch pedal installation and all the stuff you'd "think" would be difficult was a cinch. The problems were with driveshaft length, flywheel counterweight (because we didn't know what the counterweight of the block crank was when rebuilt by previous owner and it wasn't marked on flexplate...turned out to be 50oz) and the pilot bearing NAPA sold me was the WRONG one and quickly shredded up causing crank pulsation.)

In the end, it finally ran (2 day project turned into 2 month project) and runs to this day. Totally worth it. Automatics blow in a car you want to communicate with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
bump! would be interested in doing this, any update on a parts list?

·
Registered
60 Posts
did you ever get the parts list together???

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Aw crappy, you're right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a complete list of needed parts with P/N's. Just did the swap in my 2012. If anyone wants it, PM me and ill get it to you

21 - 40 of 171 Posts