Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I might do the 180 T-Stat as a summer mod but it's far too cold now. Also remember this is still not a real dyno and I'm new at the program, I could easily have inaccurate numbers. My only backing is between the 10 or so pulls I've done they all seem to stay around this power range. Steeda is on my list as well as a lightweight flywheel and clutch. I do think that 180+ WHP is possible though. A real dyno will happen at some point.
180whp is definitely possible... I'm at 177 now... so not much more to go... .. I can tell ya, new TB'S, plugs, injectors, and maybe Pistons, cams, etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I personally don't think we will need injectors till after 200+ WHP, throttle bodies haven't seemed to be a limiting factor so far, one of IE,s customers has cams and personally I won't open my engine, I'm doing strictly bolt ons.

I don't want to say what my car makes for power without having it on a dyno but I can say it feels very healthy. Especially after flashing IE's updated "header tune" today. My MPGs are higher since the header and the car overall just feels stronger especially with the new tune.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I personally don't think we will need injectors till after 200+ WHP, throttle bodies haven't seemed to be a limiting factor so far, one of IE,s customers has cams and personally I won't open my engine, I'm doing strictly bolt ons.

I don't want to say what my car makes for power without having it on a dyno but I can say it feels very healthy. Especially after flashing IE's updated "header tune" today. My MPGs are higher since the header and the car overall just feels stronger especially with the new tune.
That one with cams is one of the RDC Crew, so he is one of mine also.... any upgrades are good

·
Registered
43 Posts
That one with cams is one of the RDC Crew, so he is one of mine also.... any upgrades are good
I have been interested in cams for these cars. I think this is a way more reasonable option to make a boost in power then forced induction.

Where can I find more info about these, price, hp, etc...

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
They are custom one off grind cams. . But we at RDC are working to get cams, injectors, TB's, etc made for the NA

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I have been interested in cams for these cars. I think this is a way more reasonable option to make a boost in power then forced induction.

Where can I find more info about these, price, hp, etc...
you can try to shoot Aric at IE a message I'm pretty sure he was the one who keyed Andrew's Cams.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
you can try to shoot Aric at IE a message I'm pretty sure he was the one who keyed Andrew's Cams.
Yes he was , but prob won't tell ya ;)

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Not without some money exchanging hands first.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
That's good news to hear. You guys are always making a great effort to get the parts people want.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Nice!
how much was the header?
how much of a gain are you expecting?
Header was just under $300 after shipping. I have only virtual dynoed the car but not before the header, butt dyno felt like a good increase in power.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What gasket did you use with the new header?

Also anybody know where to buy an extension or elbow to keep the downstream O2 sensor out of the exhaust stream?

·
Registered
41 Posts
What gasket did you use with the new header?

Also anybody know where to buy an extension or elbow to keep the downstream O2 sensor out of the exhaust stream?
Available on eBay. Or, if your in a hurry pick up a 2 pack "spark plug non fouler" #DOR 42002,$8.49 at the Partsource,Pep Boys, etc. Drill one out to 1/2" to clear the sensor,screw the two together install in the header with the O2 sensor and you have the poor mans adapter.

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
I know I know.... but am unemployed right now.... my savings will only last sooo long... i can't spend it on this... even if the deal is too good... i got a guy locally selling it for a reasonable price... but I can't pick it up... i just cant..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,369 Posts
I know I know.... but am unemployed right now.... my savings will only last sooo long... i can't spend it on this... even if the deal is too good... i got a guy locally selling it for a reasonable price... but I can't pick it up... i just cant..
Been there^^^^^

41 - 60 of 139 Posts