Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
What all do you have done to your car? Your trap speed is good for a high 14 second pass.

Never mind, tapatalk doesn't show signatures. Not a bad time with what little you have done.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Here's my time slips from last night. Seems I picked up 1-2 MPH and about .2 in the 1/4 mile.
That's a heart breaker because I'm sure you were thinking solid high 14 second car at this point. Are you removing the spare tire/jack? How much gas in the tank.? Do you over inflate the rears slightly (40psi)? I may have asked you this before but why not run the ie 93 octane tune with shell v-power. A lot of people on here use it exclusively. Oh yea, Don't forget to take a dump lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
This summer I took out the whole back seat and spare tire, the weight went from 2940 to 2800 even. That should be good for a few tenths. I tried drag racing it that way but had issues, as in broke the shift cable in half. I never went back after I fixed it, I was afraid to break something again. Too bad as it ran like a raped ape up until I hit third gear. I also put half and half mixture of MS109 unleaded race fuel in to see if that would make the computer bump timing even more. Seat of pants felt better but who knows have to wait til next year. TOOO cold to race now. LOL

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's a heart breaker because I'm sure you were thinking solid high 14 second car at this point. Are you removing the spare tire/jack? How much gas in the tank.? Do you over inflate the rears slightly (40psi)? I may have asked you this before but why not run the ie 93 octane tune with shell v-power. A lot of people on here use it exclusively. Oh yea, Don't forget to take a dump lol
Generally I do remove spare tire/jack and inflate the rear tires to about 45-50 PSI. This time I didn't because I was just seeing what the header did. Car had a half tank at beginning of night and 1/4 by end of night.
This summer I took out the whole back seat and spare tire, the weight went from 2940 to 2800 even. That should be good for a few tenths. I tried drag racing it that way but had issues, as in broke the shift cable in half. I never went back after I fixed it, I was afraid to break something again. Too bad as it ran like a raped ape up until I hit third gear. I also put half and half mixture of MS109 unleaded race fuel in to see if that would make the computer bump timing even more. Seat of pants felt better but who knows have to wait til next year. TOOO cold to race now. LOL
I think honesty the clutch is what's holding the car back. It has 40k on it and goes to the track all the time. Its just not holding too good anymore. I have to soft shift it otherwise it slips.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I think spec just released a clutch for the mk3 if I'm not mistaken. I'll be doing some more dyno pulls on my car this weekend. I'm hoping the cooler weather will bring 170whp.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Spec has had clutches for our cars for a good six months now. That's probably my next modification. I would also like to get it dynoed at some point while I'm in Kansas. I don't think there's anybody who has posted a dyno with both a tune and a header so that would be cool to see.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You should be well north of 170, probably low to mid 180's. I only trapped 91mph in the 1/4 mile so your car is making good power. I think you started with a factory freak though lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,320 Posts
Spec has had clutches for our cars for a good six months now. That's probably my next modification. I would also like to get it dynoed at some point while I'm in Kansas. I don't think there's anybody who has posted a dyno with both a tune and a header so that would be cool to see.
Great time to add a diff.[thumb]

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Once you upgrade the Diff and Clutch, look for better axles, the NA ones arent as tough as the ST ones. Seen one snap clean off at FF2013

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So, I've been on E85 for a while and im swapping back to 91 this weekend, before ethanol the car felt noticeably quicker(even for being on 91 versus 93 like I normally ran in Florida),but its too cold to run ethanol right now. I plan to play with Virtual dyno to see what numbers it gives me after the swap. Once I'm on normal gas ill post a more in depth review. I also have an updated tune from Injected for the header.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Did they charge you to update your tune for the new mods?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Also for clarification for everyone else. On the highway/being driven the car runs like a raped ape on ethanol, so long as ECT is around 180+. At idle with the heater on high the ECTs will drop to 160 and the car cuts power because it is no longer warmed up.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
What gear?... for the manual you need to do a 4th gear pull..... 3rd will fluff the #'s

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You might be the first to eclipse the 190whp mark. You could always add the 180 t-stat which might be good for 1-2 hp, maybe. The aem cai or steeda have the best #'s on paper. You can pick up a used steeda for $200 and sell yours. I've also noticed what you said previously, the car makes the best power when warm. My best numbers have been on the 3rd and 4th pulls.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You might be the first to eclipse the 190whp mark. You could always add the 180 t-stat which might be good for 1-2 hp, maybe. The aem cai or steeda have the best #'s on paper. You can pick up a used steeda for $200 and sell yours. I've also noticed what you said previously, the car makes the best power when warm. My best numbers have been on the 3rd and 4th pulls.
I might do the 180 T-Stat as a summer mod but it's far too cold now. Also remember this is still not a real dyno and I'm new at the program, I could easily have inaccurate numbers. My only backing is between the 10 or so pulls I've done they all seem to stay around this power range. Steeda is on my list as well as a lightweight flywheel and clutch. I do think that 180+ WHP is possible though. A real dyno will happen at some point.

21 - 40 of 139 Posts