Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
OK, any more info? Thoughts of the header, power increase? Don't leave us hanging here lol

Reactions: D*2.3

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pictures for this part. I went under the car and removed the mount for the stock flex pipe because my header does not have a place to mount. I also disconnected the cat back and pulled off a metal plate and exhaust hanger just before the rear axle to let the cat back rest on the ground.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I pulled the header off. To get it to fit out I had to drop the engine a bit by disconnecting the passenger motor mount and pulling the middle stud for the header. Lowered engine with a jack and after a few cute words it was out.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now everyone told me that the o2 sensor is too short and I need to buy the Porsche one, but my car is currently running on the stock o2. I took the sensor connector off of the bracket on the valve cover and rerouted the wire and then it reached with enough slack for engine torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No dyno but car seems to pull quite a bit harder from 3500-7200. Below that it feels the same.

Engine sound through stock exhaust is slightly louder. Not loud enough that it sounds aftermarket but you can hear it.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Reactions: brad_naylor

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Unfortunately no, since all of them remove the factory catalytic converter. None would pass CA smog.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe you can pass with just one (aftermarket too) cat where I live in NY. Its tempting to buy a header and have a shop weld a cat in some where for a full legalish exhaust.I'll have to see how much the sound increases with the ST CBE before I consider anything else though.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts