Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent really been a fan of the black grill on the MK3, and it seems all the grills I find are just hideous and look cheap. I have been looking for something and think I finally found it but wondered if anyone has ordered one on here and what it looks like from a different angle. From the pictures it looks more like what the fusion has and that was really what i wanted, and it's pretty cheap too.

http://www.globalautoshop.com/accessories/ford_focus_lower_chrome_grill.html

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some more digging because that website just didn't look right. What I found was a ton of negative reviews and some people stated the "grill" was nothing more then tape (I assume pin stripping). So I ordered some chrome pin striping and was going to give it a try if it ever warms up. I just wish they made some chrome inserts like what they have for the new fusion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I actually bought the pin stripping off amazon for $4. It just hasn't been warm enough to put it on yet. after I saw the yellow HB on page 5 I was sold. I also have not seen a focus around here with it done and IMO it turns the cheap grill into an option that ford should have offered.

What color did you go with?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, I actually bought the pin stripping off amazon for $4. It just hasn't been warm enough to put it on yet. after I saw the yellow HB on page 5 I was sold. I also have not seen a focus around here with it done and IMO it turns the cheap grill into an option that ford should have offered.

What color did you go with?
Prostripe R21206 Argent Met

Kind of a dull silver. I always hope that other focus drivers notice it and think their car looks less cool. It's a nice delusion I've created for myself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prostripe R21206 Argent Met

Kind of a dull silver. I always hope that other focus drivers notice it and think their car looks less cool. It's a nice delusion I've created for myself.
lol, I always pay attention to other cars, especially if I own that same model to compare mine to theirs. I have yet to see one around here with this DIY grill so I think it will let mine stand out from the others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts