Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 668 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Well I explained why. I explained why I didn't want to post in that thread, Tom. You aren't allowing Duane to post in there, and questions are being censored. That's why I'd rather post in here. I'm not trying to be rude, but the way you are handling this is beyond unprofessional.
Stopping duane from posting there just stops all these many pages of his BS , like many many times before , if you look I have answered all of the people that have posted there even one was a copy and past of duanes questions , its your choice in the end , It doesnt shock me at all you take his side even tho MANY other members even a mod felt he was out of line from the start

Tom

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
It doesn't surprise you? Duane and I have had arguments too. The mod only felt his tone was out of line.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Stopping duane from posting there just stops all these many pages of his BS , like many many times before , if you look I have answered all of the people that have posted there even one was a copy and past of duanes questions , its your choice in the end , It doesnt shock me at all you take his side even tho MANY other members even a mod felt he was out of line from the start

Tom
Exactly! You're being so petty that you won't field my questions unless someone else asks them. Should everyone else ask you (kindly) what the manufacturer of the intercooler is so that you can get past this and discuss the merits or flaws of your component choices?

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Why should I wait? Did you wait to post the thread? You've had three days to figure out who makes the intercooler and you absolutely refuse and say that 'it doesn't matter'. No, you want people to discuss it-just not Duane..
You should of waited because the kit is new , I posted it asking forr some one to buy it at a discounted rate to do the first install and see what came up , How would I of done that with out posting it , DUH !
I guess, if it honestly doesn't matter by your opinion, that it doesn't matter if people think they're getting a $65 eBay intercooler then, right? No, you want to ensure that people know it's not a generic one from eBay..
Have you tested any of the 50.00 ebay intercoolers ???? No you just want to bad mouth them , I have and there on all my Foci and at 300-500 hp they work keeping the charge temps just as good as the 380.00-450.00 ones I use to buy from precision , if you had tested them before bad mouthing them you would know this
Go to any other community that is actively developing turbo kits and see how many vendors/manufacturers are whining like this, over something so easily answered. No, they start a discussion thread and then they want to discuss things, because knowing what your customer base wants/doesn't want is the key to making a profitable product and professional repertoire..
Maybe you should of started this discussing , and I quote by a member " being a dick " , even a mod talked to you about how you " worded " it and this isnt the first time , you do this all the time with me , and you get away with it
You don't have to answer my questions if you don't want to, just realize that you did when someone else quoted them and put them in your censor thread. Hence my 'thanks'. If everyone else is comfortable with your product then that's great, I'm not trying to sway anyone away from it. Would I change things? Absolutely. The fact that you're not interested in hearing that is fine by me, both of my cars are already turbocharged..
Why do you now act like a hurt puppy ? you started this and now your acting like this is something I am doing

Hence why I know things about turbocharged engines and hence why you don't want me asking questions.
How many Turbo kits for the Focus have you built ? NONE
I have done 4 turbo kits for the Focus community
ZX3 2000-2004 sold many
SVT 20002-2004 sold many
MK3 Full and DIY sold 1
How many Turbo kits have you you built ? NONE
How many Focus have you tuned ? maybe 1-6 ?
I have tuned over 1200 boosted Foci over 16 years
How many part have you come to market for for any of the Focus ? NONE
I have done dozens of parts for the Focus community
How many Focus engines have you built ? My guess none
I have built and sold over 1000 Focus engines

Your acting like you know everything there is to know about turbocharging the Focus let alone the MK3 engine , if you know so much you have had 4.5 years to make a turbo kit for the MK3 , where is it ??????????????????????
You act like I am avoiding your questions because you know what to ask and I am hiding something because your so smart about turbocharging and I dont , NO ONE knows what the MK3 is going to need yes , its all testing , stop acting like a know it all and give the kit time , if something is wrong I will find it and fix it with out all your nonsense

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Exactly! You're being so petty that you won't field my questions unless someone else asks them. Should everyone else ask you (kindly) what the manufacturer of the intercooler is so that you can get past this and discuss the merits or flaws of your component choices?
WOW! I dont remember the name of the intercooler , it has been shipped and when I can get the name of it I will , I am dealing with many other issues ( 4 cars on the dyno today , tested larger TB yesterday for many Hrs , leaving Monday to go out of the country ) right now and dont have time to drop what I am doing to answer your question about an intercooler that would will only come back with more nonsense , How do I know you will do that , because its all you have ever done in the past
I wont field your questions because to me and many others there attacks , go read what other said about your " question "

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
It doesn't surprise you? Duane and I have had arguments too. The mod only felt his tone was out of line.
His tone was out of line , maybe you should go back that " question " and see that others felt it was out of line , one even called him a " dick "

Papaaacer , this isnt the first time he has done this and you know it yet you always take his side even tho other say he is wrong in what he did , so when you post defending him it doesnt carry much weight with me because you always , no matter what defend him

Tom

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Honestly, there often isn't a mod. around - and when there is every post can't be monitored.

Reporting serious trouble items for later action works, just a little while ago tonight I deleted an old picture link because of a report - it now showed a nude male instead of a brake caliper (sheesh).

Restrained response if any to a post that seems to be intended to get a reaction, rather like the last one here to papaacer, tones down any further reactions/comments. Edit - by now I see an edit is needed to put a reference in to the post mentioned:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/9500025-post117.html

On the whole the forum is more self-policed than controlled by moderators, much better when our efforts can concentrate on assistance rather than mediation.

On a subject as exciting to many as a new option for the long awaited Turbo possibility, questions outpace answers. "yet to be determined" or "don't have that answer offhand" are valid responses, along with precise answers where available. There's been so MUCH speculation to date, it's not surprising most of the same questions/speculation pops up again in a thread showing the first "full kit", even if not fully completed & tested.

"I wanna know" and "why no info" questions will continue indefinitely until AND AFTER the answers are available, just as every other common question gets re-asked constantly. Speculation & commentary might be right or wrong, it's not going to stop.

All should try to remember this, and try to give a break to the posters who's questions don't seem reasonable. Myself included, the tenth duplicate question is sometimes better left for someone else's reply rather than post something less than welcoming.

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
sailor , this will never stop , its like the t-bolt clamps , I may change them to worm clamps and he feels thats a bad decision
I have always used worm clamps on the 300,400,500,600,700 HP turbocharged engines I have built , if the pipe is clean , hose is clean , worm clamps will hold 100psi with no issues , I have actually tested them to that on a intercooler with piping on both sides , Intercooler didnt like it much lol
Actually now that I think about it the kit that just shipped for testing may of gotten the red head worm clamps I will have to look

Duane hasnt tested them but because thats what people like to use because there " kool looking " he will post there junk , no good , wouldnt use them etc , he will have no first hand proof as to any testing but worm clamps will not be good , just watch

Tom

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
I feel honestly, that that last post and a few others qualify as violating the "Attacking other members" rule. If no one else sees that, then you are turning a blind eye. As a vendor that is unacceptable.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Come on guys. The more we waste Toms time. The less time he will have to develop cool stuff for the cars we love. As far as I can see, he is the only one developing a turbo kit for us. How about giving him some space and let this thing develop. The proof will be in the pudding.

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I feel honestly, that that last post and a few others qualify as violating the "Attacking other members" rule. If no one else sees that, then you are turning a blind eye. As a vendor that is unacceptable.
You mean like a MOD did to me that started all this ? Really ? what about attacking a vendor , calling vendor names , no he didnt do it in here but in another thread

Tom

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Yes, this is definitely something you're doing, Tom. You want to discuss the kit so you create the thread, but you don't want Duane to participate. You still want to completely discount the manufacturer of the intercooler but, with all of the experience you're quoting, you know that there are 'good' intercoolers and 'not so good' intercoolers. Just because someone can buy a 'good' intercooler on eBay doesn't change the fact that someone can buy a 'not so good' intercooler as well.

How many bar-and-fin aftermarket options are there for the ST, a car with the power level and airflow that you're wanting to achieve and surpass? Why would you decide to go to a smaller intercooler than the OEM FoST unit when wanting to produce more power? If you're so adamant about how good eBay intercoolers are, why are you afraid to take the time to find out?

I mean seriously, it's been three days since it was first asked (nicely) by a member that you're willing to respond to. At some point in time, rational members that actually are interested in this kit are going to realize that you can't even be bothered to find out the information of one of the parts you're trying to sell. I mean seriously-three days?

Yes, worm clamps are a step backwards. Did I say they would fail? No. I use t-bolt clamps at work a lot because I work in aviation. There's a reason that we use them. Conversely, we also have worm-clamps in less-important connections. Nothing is a guaranteed failure nor is anything a guaranteed success.

When did this car make 240 whp? Last I had seen you were saying 193, but suddenly there was a 50 whp jump.

How do you intend on measuring charge temps? How do you intend on protecting against LSPI?

Are you going to tune for one octane or tune it to handle multiple octanes like the ST's?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
sailor , this will never stop , its like the t-bolt clamps , I may change them to worm clamps and he feels thats a bad decision
I have always used worm clamps on the 300,400,500,600,700 HP turbocharged engines I have built , if the pipe is clean , hose is clean , worm clamps will hold 100psi with no issues , I have actually tested them to that on a intercooler with piping on both sides , Intercooler didnt like it much lol
Actually now that I think about it the kit that just shipped for testing may of gotten the red head worm clamps I will have to look

Duane hasnt tested them but because thats what people like to use because there " kool looking " he will post there junk , no good , wouldnt use them etc , he will have no first hand proof as to any testing but worm clamps will not be good , just watch

Tom
This all has gone on too fast for anyone to make well reasoned replies, I had one for the first post here but there were a couple more before I could make a well thought out reply.

What is thought to be adequate by the builder is enough of an answer, no need to add more than that about prev. responses or assumed upcoming ones.

Spring loaded T-bolts might have been OK on my Peterbilt most of the time, still had breakage. Wouldn't even fit here on smaller diameter tubes. Nothing is perfect.

A lot of leeway to let people vent has been given already here, in part because the thread expands & gets edits faster than any single person can follow.

Hope you folks can get it out of the way to get back to more useful chat, as Jose mentioned earlier there have been other disputes on "nitpicking details" not involving Tom or his creations so nothing new to the forums.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, this is definitely something you're doing, Tom. You want to discuss the kit so you create the thread, but you don't want Duane to participate. You still want to completely discount the manufacturer of the intercooler but, with all of the experience you're quoting, you know that there are 'good' intercoolers and 'not so good' intercoolers. Just because someone can buy a 'good' intercooler on eBay doesn't change the fact that someone can buy a 'not so good' intercooler as well.

How many bar-and-fin aftermarket options are there for the ST, a car with the power level and airflow that you're wanting to achieve and surpass? Why would you decide to go to a smaller intercooler than the OEM FoST unit when wanting to produce more power? If you're so adamant about how good eBay intercoolers are, why are you afraid to take the time to find out?

I mean seriously, it's been three days since it was first asked (nicely) by a member that you're willing to respond to. At some point in time, rational members that actually are interested in this kit are going to realize that you can't even be bothered to find out the information of one of the parts you're trying to sell. I mean seriously-three days?

Yes, worm clamps are a step backwards. Did I say they would fail? No. I use t-bolt clamps at work a lot because I work in aviation. There's a reason that we use them. Conversely, we also have worm-clamps in less-important connections. Nothing is a guaranteed failure nor is anything a guaranteed success.

When did this car make 240 whp? Last I had seen you were saying 193, but suddenly there was a 50 whp jump.

How do you intend on measuring charge temps? How do you intend on protecting against LSPI?

Are you going to tune for one octane or tune it to handle multiple octanes like the ST's?
Well, I guess there's only one way to settle this. Dyn085 is just going to have develop his own kit and prove he can do it better. I just hope he has the decency to keep quiet until he is done. His long posts are making it difficult to follow this thread. I am interested in what the OP in this thread has to say. If dyn085 would like to start another thread to voice his opinion, I'm sure it would be allowed.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Well, I guess there's only one way to settle this. Dyn085 is just going to have develop his own kit and prove he can do it better. I just hope he has the decency to keep quiet until he is done. His long posts are making it difficult to follow this thread. I am interested in what the OP in this thread has to say. If dyn085 would like to start another thread to voice his opinion, I'm sure it would be allowed.
Tom already started his own thread, he just chooses to post here as well. I know you're a Tom fan, but did you read the thread? I obviously wouldn't create a kit because I work with Cobb, not SCT.

I could ask around about Cobb being willing to support the platform but we already know what that answer will be...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Seriously, this all needs to stop. Tom is a great vendor and from what I have seen a great tuner.

Dyn085, you want a vendor to trash, you need to go research Tork Motorsports and honestly leave Tom Be. i have read a lot from Tom and he is way more Knowledgeable then some other vendors i have known. tom gives you answers and if you dont like them at least he was honest. and not trying to just sell snake oil as some other vendors i know of. i Like the fact that when i have spoken to tom he doesnt beat around the bush and try to market crap to you. he gives you the blunt truth and you either swallow the meds with water or go without.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tom already started his own thread, he just chooses to post here as well. I know you're a Tom fan, but did you read the thread? I obviously wouldn't create a kit because I work with Cobb, not SCT.

I could ask around about Cobb being willing to support the platform but we already know what that answer will be...
So why are you interfering in a thread that has nothing to do with you?

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Seriously, this all needs to stop. Tom is a great vendor and from what I have seen a great tuner.

Dyn085, you want a vendor to trash, you need to go research Tork Motorsports and honestly leave Tom Be. i have read a lot from Tom and he is way more Knowledgeable then some other vendors i have known. tom gives you answers and if you dont like them at least he was honest. and not trying to just sell snake oil as some other vendors i know of. i Like the fact that when i have spoken to tom he doesnt beat around the bush and try to market crap to you. he gives you the blunt truth and you either swallow the meds with water or go without.
You apologize via pm then come out here like this?

This has nothing to do with trashing a vendor, nor does it have anything to do with Tom selling snake oil. I don't understand why a few people aren't getting that and this thread was calm until Tom decided to come back in here despite having his own thread in his own section.

So you would rather have a tube and fin intercooler than discuss the merits of it or try to find an alternative? Only one question, no point in asking anything beyond that.

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
See you havent even been following things and dont care to know what your talking about ,and that the 240hp was from the first full kit installed and the 193 was on the DIY kit with the custom intake on it that I just finished

Im so done with your attacks and always trying to make me look bad

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

Again, are YOU going to develop a turbo kit for us? If not, put up or shut up.

121 - 140 of 668 Posts