Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 668 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
You're clearly not buying a kit, so why bother?? Going back to grade school, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.
He has a valid argument on wanting to know the quality of the kit components. You may not like is dickish way of saying things, but he can recommend the kit to others just as I could. I would want to know some specifics of the kit also. I try to know what I'm selling or recommending to others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Turn this into a hate discussion if you want but I have always done what I can to inform communities so that they can make better decisions. That involves asking simple questions like whom a manufacturer is or what numbers something puts down. Sorry for being so offensive.
Please show me where in the 3 post you have done anything in here so far where you informed anyone , you havent

Lets just say for a second that the IC you pictured is off ebay ( it isnt ) but lets say it is , does that make it bad like your trying to imply ? NO , will the intercooler you pictured work to cool the charge to say 350HP which is past the limits of the turbo and do it very well ? Sure it would , you know it would but its more fun to take pot shots to make the kit look bad

This is nothing but a hate discussion , Its amazing I dont see you taking pot shots at steeda for advertising custom tunes and free tune updates that they dont do
I dont see you taking pot shots at injected for selling tunes that you cannot datalog , you know tunes need datalogging , that change there stock strategy , that you cant unlock and sell the flasher
Why are you not doing this on the fswerks ZX3 kit that hangs the turbo on the stock manifold ?
Actually I dont see you asking anyone questions about any other things sold on here to " better inform the community " other then me

PLEASE stay out of my post !

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
He has a valid argument on wanting to know the quality of the kit components.

Sent from my SM-N920V using FF Mobile
He hasnt had a valid point from the start , he stated I didnt know the name where I said I didnt remember the name

He picked about the cheapest IC he could find on ebay and he knows the IC he pictured altho may be low price doesnt mean it wont hold up for 20 years and cool the charge as needed , he also insinuated that ebay stuff is crap and sense it might of come from ebay it could be cheap crap

You cannot buy a 600.00 intercooler and try to keep the price where people can afford the full kit , you have to pick parts that are made well , will do the job and last with a little room to grow , a $70-80.00 intercooler from ebay will do just that

Tom

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Please show me where in the 3 post you have done anything in here so far where you informed anyone , you havent

Lets just say for a second that the IC you pictured is off ebay ( it isnt ) but lets say it is , does that make it bad like your trying to imply ? NO , will the intercooler you pictured work to cool the charge to say 350HP which is past the limits of the turbo and do it very well ? Sure it would , you know it would but its more fun to take pot shots to make the kit look bad

This is nothing but a hate discussion , Its amazing I dont see you taking pot shots at steeda for advertising custom tunes and free tune updates that they dont do
I dont see you taking pot shots at injected for selling tunes that you cannot datalog , you know tunes need datalogging , that change there stock strategy , that you cant unlock and sell the flasher
Why are you not doing this on the fswerks ZX3 kit that hangs the turbo on the stock manifold ?
Actually I dont see you asking anyone questions about any other things sold on here to " better inform the community " other then me

PLEASE stay out of my post !

Tom
Let's be clear about this-I asked two questions, neither of which you could answer. This is not about bashing the kit. This is about getting information. Twist it however you want but all you had to do was look up the information and post an answer. It's really not that hard.

I SPECIFICALLY clarified that I wasn't implying that the eBay intercooler was the intercooler that you were using and that the only way anyone would know how good it was/wasn't without datalogging it. Now you're trying to covertly slam other vendors for stuff that isn't even remotely related to this thread. All because you would rather deflect from two questions that anyone who is interested in this kit should want to know. Whether the eBay intercooler would/wouldn't work on the kit is irrelevant because the only question I was curious about was whom the manufacturer was-something that wasn't memorable enough for you to remember despite your high recommendation.

This is not 'your' post-it is part of the community discussion on a worldwide forum. You and Mike seem to think that you two are the only vendors in the world that I pose questions to and are somehow singled out, and that's just ignorant. I ask lots of questions to lots of vendors in all of the related communities (Mk3/FoST/FiST) and very few respond this way to legitimate questions.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Let's be clear about this-I asked two questions, neither of which you could answer. This is not about bashing the kit. This is about getting information. Twist it however you want but all you had to do was look up the information and post an answer. It's really not that hard.

I SPECIFICALLY clarified that I wasn't implying that the eBay intercooler was the intercooler that you were using and that the only way anyone would know how good it was/wasn't without datalogging it. Now you're trying to covertly slam other vendors for stuff that isn't even remotely related to this thread. All because you would rather deflect from two questions that anyone who is interested in this kit should want to know. Whether the eBay intercooler would/wouldn't work on the kit is irrelevant because the only question I was curious about was whom the manufacturer was-something that wasn't memorable enough for you to remember despite your high recommendation.

This is not 'your' post-it is part of the community discussion on a worldwide forum. You and Mike seem to think that you two are the only vendors in the world that I pose questions to and are somehow singled out, and that's just ignorant. I ask lots of questions to lots of vendors in all of the related communities (Mk3/FoST/FiST) and very few respond this way to legitimate questions.
I wasn't saying we are, but just letting him know you go after me on occasion also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
See folks... if its in "his section" he can delet and edit posts. Important to know.
You are 100% correct I am doing it so the potential customers dont have to dig through pages of pure crap just like you posted that does nothing but bash me like I have something to hide or that I would hide anything

I am moving it to stop you guys from bashing , trashing , not reading the post and coming up with useless nonsense , just like you just posted

Tom

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You dont think potential customers would be interested in
Turbo specs?
Installation instructions?
What the pipes have on them? Clue, most like to pop their hood and proudly show their mods, those look like dookie. But maybe theres a good reason for it?
This isnt bashing just asking.
I guess other than a pic and price..... specs are useless nonsense?

How many miles does this kit have on the test mule?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
You're clearly not buying a kit, so why bother?? Going back to grade school, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.
AND Tom has developed a full turbo kit, if you are so picky then you develop and test your own kit.....hes done a great thing for the MK3 community!

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Wow, this got going. Hoped that wouldn't happen again.

Copied all that wasn't part of the arguments up to where I came in today over to the Focus Power section where Tom & others can see it without all of that as requested. (through pg. 3, post #30)

Kinda glad I wasn't around to get drawn into it more at the time.

IMO, most of the argument was once again about arguing - little to do with getting any answers or putting any "light" on the subject in a lot of the posts.

How about TRYING to make points, ask questions, or respond to them without it getting personal? No question some of you don't get along well, but it doesn't all have to be a fight.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
What are the chances of adapting one for a MK2 Focus ?
IIRC Tom sends most who want a basic all inclusive kit for a duratec toward the FSWerks setup, but he's done custom DIY kits for the engine and could prob. help you out with something more advanced.

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Tom I might be doing this, although the big thing stopping me is my transmission and the fact that I want heavy duty internals

·
Registered
218 Posts
This thread went South so damn fast. If I buy anything as expensive as a turbo kit (any turbo kit) I want to know something about the performance and durability of said kit. The path to that is an open and honest discussion (free of loaded questions and short answers between folks with a history). I thought that's part of what this (or any) enthusiast's forum was all about. Shuffling this subject off to where it can be censored is a sure-fired way of counting me out.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Do these engines have forged rods and pistons?
I highly doubt they would put forged rods and pistons in a massed produced economy car. There is no need for them based on what the car is supposed to do.

21 - 40 of 668 Posts