Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to FF and I was hoping to get some ideas on the newest issue I'm having with my focus. When it rains the wipers will randomly stop in the center of the windshield and not return to their resting position if I turn the wipers off. Occasionally they will even bind up on each other. They do eventually return once i play with the stalk a bit (press down on the switch a few times). My first thought is perhaps a bad relay but id like to get some feed back before I order anything. I've tried checking out the problem using Forscan but whenever I have it connected I can't get the car to replicate the issue. I've also tried re-calibrating the wiper motors with Forscan but it didn't resolve anything. I'd like to get this figured out with your help.

2013 Focus SE 5MT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had crazy things going with my wipers like turning on by themselves all due to a bad battery management cable. This is the little box on the negative battery cable with a wire running to your body control module. Check for corrosion and a bad connection to the bcm. Dealer thought it was the wiper switch but as soon I changed the negative cable assembly.....switch worked just fine. This wouldn't necessarily explain the wipers out of sync but maybe possible

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts