Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to upgrade the front sawy bar endlinks? what are the benifits? i'm a novice when it comes to suspension parts.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Really no improvement unless it's a track car. OEM end links are fine. You'd be way better off upgrading the actual sway bar instead however since it's a FWD car you'd want a stiffer rear bar before you upgrade anything up front.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, thanks for the quick reply.

i dont know if you are well versed in suspension but what are you thoughts on the rear toe links? i'm just seeing all of this stuff on Steeda and dont really know if it's worth it or not.

·
Registered
739 Posts
sweet, thanks for the quick reply.

i dont know if you are well versed in suspension but what are you thoughts on the rear toe links? i'm just seeing all of this stuff on Steeda and dont really know if it's worth it or not.
I'm pretty well-versed on suspension. I had upgraded pretty much every part of the suspension on my Mustang. The only thing you would get from toe links is more adjustability which isn't really needed unless you're making some pretty serious changes in your suspension.

Sway bars will prevent your car body from rolling when making a corner. It will keep the body more firmly planted with the surface you're driving on.

I would start out with a rear sway bar, then maybe move onto some springs and struts/shocks. The sway bar will have much less effect on daily driveability whereas upgraded springs and especially struts/shocks will make your ride much rougher.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome! thats good that you said rear sway bar because i actually have the Steeda rear sway bar on order. just waiting on delivery. i was thinking of upgrading the struts with the ST model struts and just using Ford racing springs so that i dont kill the smooth ride but i still get some improved handling.

·
Registered
739 Posts
awesome! thats good that you said rear sway bar because i actually have the Steeda rear sway bar on order. just waiting on delivery. i was thinking of upgrading the struts with the ST model struts and just using Ford racing springs so that i dont kill the smooth ride but i still get some improved handling.
Sounds like you're on the right track with the ST struts and shocks with Ford Racing springs. I think that's the route I would go if I had an Mk3. Depending on the drop that the springs give you may want to look into getting camber bolts for the rear (and maybe camber plates for the front) as lowering your car will cause you to have negative camber. If it's a mild drop (1" or less) you probably won't need to worry as it will still be close to factory specs.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts