Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the chrome trim on the front bumper is removable?? Really dont like the chrome look and really ant to change it has anybody done this?
This is the chrome trim I'm talking bout

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
351 Posts
There's no trim level or package that I know of that they were deleted on and the ST had a completely different front bumper. As I recall in the USA there was a dark appearance package that could be added to a certain top level sport trim package but I don't think even deleted those chrome strips but I could be wrong. I'm not sure of the exact names of the packages that were offered.
When I looked it up on Tascaparts it showed the BM5Z-8200-A grill assembly(might not be the same for UK models) and said: Without st, 2012-14, s, se without upgraded pkg., s, se without upgraded pkg. Perhaps the upgraded package is that dark appearance package that I mentioned idk. Unfortunately, the online parts dealers don't always show all the pages of parts available so I can't even see what the upgrades package version looks like.
You'll likely do damage to the grill assembly trying to pry them off but it may be possible. However, even if you did it's probably unfinished underneath it and/or it has holes or grooves behind the chrome trims. I'm sure there are people that tried doing this on here that have posted if you do a search.
If you do get them off without damage then you could plasti dip them in black and then spray them with a clear coat of paint to keep the plasti dip from getting ruined by stones and road debris. Painting directly over chrome won't last which is why plasti dip is the better choice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Search for a vinyl blackout tape that you can apply and trim with an exacto knife. That's what I did to the whiskers in your picture when I had my black 13SE.

Inexpensive, easy to apply, reversible if you don't like it, and easy to reapply if it starts to lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts